Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a nail in my back passenger side tyre last week. it was a slow puncture located near the centre.
Easy enough job to change tyres, especially by having the full size spare (like I have).

Only downside is that those alloys are really heavy to shift :eek:
Got the tyre repaired, and its back on the car now.

Note: that even if you have the spare, you can contact the rescue services (AA, RAC and possibly green flag, at no charge), if you do not feel capable of changing a tyre yourself. Its a lot easier if you have a spare tyre available, even a spacesaver.

If you have no spare, and only a compressor and goo kit that fails to get the tyre operation again, you can call in the rescue services, though they may charge to go and get the tyre repaired. Plus you have the hassle of a longer wait till its sorted.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For safety, I always use wheel chocks to stop a car slipping when changing wheels, really good if ground is not quite flat.

You can buy wood, or plastic or metal chocks, I use metal ones that fold down for storage when not used, £5 at Halfords. Though you can buy other makes.

You always place one chock on the opposite wheel on the same axle as the punctured tyre. And the other chock goes on the other axle diagonally opposite the other chock. So you are diagonally braced.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi. When I picked car up last Saturday I was told by salesman he didn’t think the fiesta spacesaver fitted the es. Anyone know which spacesaver/jack & brace fits? I just want one I can throw in boot on long journeys

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the full size alloy spare and cover, but there are spacesaver tyres out there (see ebay)

An example...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-ECO...748817?hash=item3f73439611:g:S8gAAOSw44BYdJfq

Note that a 15" or 16" spacesaver is fine even if it is not the same rolling radius of your own car wheels, be it a 16" or 17". A spacesaver is OK as long as you stay under 40MPH and get home or to garage ASAP.

IMPORTANT...What you do have to watch if buying from ebay, is the four hole pitch size of the spare. So that it fits on the car. You would have to email the ebay vendor and give him the pitch size between the holes of your car wheels and get the size confirmed back to you, before you buy, so it does fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts