Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's due her first service, wondering if I should go with local ford dealer or another garage? 12 months warranty remaining! Halfords can do full service but require manufacturer service list, does anyone know where to get this? Local dealer is being vague! Many thanks.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Most of us do end of year one servicing and end of year two of servicing with Ford to retain warranty and know the car is going to be repaired if there is a fault at no cost to ourselves. After that you can go elsewhere when out of the warranty.

Technically you can go elsewhere during the warranty period, as stated by UK law, I personally would not like to put it to the test, as the car has to be electronically put on the Ford servicing electronic register, and many independent garages cannot get on the system to say the car has been serviced properly. Deliberately so, to make it difficult. Then if you go back to Ford and ask for a repair, you may have a hard job saying that it was serviced by just showing a paper print. It could be a hassle.

The ford service like many others makes consist of a visual check list, like condition of tyres, exhaust. And replacement parts consist of air filter, oil and oil filter, and pollen cabin filter. Checking all fluids. Fill up your windscreen bottle. Some cars also get an electronic update through the OBII port and likely mess your sat nav LOL. Also video-ing your car, and this is just total rubbish that expensive makes like Mercedes and Jaguar used to do, and this is now happening to other car makes like Ford to justify expensive servicing, and that is making a walkround video of the underside of your car. (Note always remove you dash cam if you have one before the service, or these guys rip it out and leave it on the seat for you, as they do not like being seen slacking around the workshop)

This gives detailed of max mileage intervals, or servicing done yearly irrespective of mileage....
https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/...ocuments/Interval_Overview_Miles_20191108.pdf

Press the blue buttons at half way down the page to run through what they do, it ain't much for the money.
https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/servic...-repair/vehicle-servicing/scheduled-servicing

Service plans....
I personally stick with Ford servicing when the car is in the warranty period, just to avoid any hassle.
I do not know if anyone got a one off payment Ford service plan deal to reduce servicing costs? as my car was an ex-demonstrator and was not offered a plan. My wife with her Smart car got offered a monthly payment plan for three services, which worked out cheaper.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I do not pay for servicing. Our Ecosport had its second service at the end of May. I do not like the Ford dealer but they supplied the car and I have to take it back to them. for servicing. Paperwork was not supplied but my contract states I maust keep all service records. I chased them up and they supplied me with an invoice. which they usually send to the leaser.

The car had oil change, filter change brake fluid change and cabin filter changed. Plus the Ford computer check. Cheeky blghters added £6.75 plus vat for PPE
The oil cost £48.30. The odour filter was £17.42, oil filter £6.65. Brake fluid ( including labour) was £21. The service charge was £66.41
A grand total of £211.20 In all took Three Hours.
Of course it does depend on where you live for cost but to be fair all the above was done to Ford specification and grudgingly have to admit that I did not think the bill was excessive..
As to the Ford schedule I did find one on Google published by a Ford dealer and the above was what was specified for the second service. Of course the mileage was not anywhere near the two yr mileage BUT modern engine oils are very touchy about time as well as mileage.
Hope this might help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts