Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I fitted the mud flaps which I bought from fords. I got out the electric drill another old hand drill. Pulled out the plastic pegs holding plastic trim, then noticed that the front wheel arch trim can be pulled off, making the extra holes that need drilling a doddle once drilled, put back in place using the new plastic plugs. The rear ones needed one hole each, but hand drill to long to go under rear bumper so moved car to our parking area with the back end over hanging the raiseded step. This gave me the needed room to drill one hole again plastic plugs refitted and some metal securing clamps, Job done. I was dreading the task but took about half hour from start to finish. No drilling in to metal just into plastic trim.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats good to know, glad you managed OK. I like the mudflaps but like you would be a bit worried about drilling into my brand new car!

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is quite staight forward,however the instructions (as usual) are very poor. Fitting the front flaps you only need to remove the top two clips, not easy until you discover to extract the pin first,otherwise you may damage the clip. No need to jack the car up,just turn the wheels away from the working area.
The hardest part is getting the clips out, Ford dont give any spares! despite the price you pay!

·
Registered
888 Posts
A good DIY job done :D

You will have to tell us how effective they are, once you have road tested them for a while.

Been thinking about it, but too much on, to bother at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts