Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ford dealer in Basingstoke (Gowrings Ford - Owned by City Motor Holdings) has gone into administration.
I had verbally placed my Ecosport order with them last week but their card payment machines weren't working so I did not leave a deposit. Thank goodness I didn't as I went there today to see why they had not called to take the deposit over the phone and a very nice man from Ford advised that my order is effectively cancelled as I had paid nothing.
So I get to go and order another Ecosport tomorrow!
30 years of driving 7 year old + cars and I get to order 2 brand new ones in the last month!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
At least you did not have a problem getting back a deposit (as you gave them none) :)

Yeh, car dealers tend to come and go and change hands, you just hope nothing happens from ordering to getting your car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drove past that local Ford dealer today. They had a forecourt and showroom that had at least 60+ cars on it 2 weeks ago. There were around half a dozen cars left outside now. Seemed really spooky with the showroom empty.
The same company owned most of the other dealerships on that site and they have all closed up and are starting to ship stock off to other sites/dealers.
What was a massive AutoPlaza with at least 6+ manufacturers (Ford, Honda, Peugeot, Seat, Citroen +) on the site is now a deserted car park / holding area for those vehicles that have not yet gone off to new homes.
Very sad for all involved.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indeed, I ordered from Hendy Ford Winchester and they could not be faulted for customer service. They found the exact car I wanted, spec, colour etc and it was at the dealership within a week! I pick it up this Saturday!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.