Ford Ecosport Forum banner

Ford EcoSport 2018 UK review - Auto Express

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  colinJYD 
#1 ·

A facelift makes the Ford EcoSport a more competitive compact crossover, but is it enough to take on the best in class?

No doubt about it, this facelifted EcoSport is more of a threat to rival compact crossovers than before. However, the 99bhp diesel engine is simply too sluggish to recommend. Our advice would be to wait until the all-new EcoBlue diesel arrives in the summer, or better still to follow the herd and opt for the excellent 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine instead.
Read the full review here: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/ecosport/102372/new-ford-ecosport-2018-uk-review

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It still gets a bad write up, which I don't understand... It's a lot of car for the money. Especially compared to the competition. Yes they have more gadgets etc but cost a lot more.

The top of the range Mokka is a whopping £30k almost! No way would I spend that much on a Mokka! Or a top spec ES if they did an option.

#3 · (Edited)
Totally agree with you Maleko. I took a test ride after reading the reviews to make my own mind up. So expecting to get bad road manners like uncomfortable ride and seats, body rolls, problem with the rear door eye etc.... Instead when I got back to the dealership, I signed on the dotted line and am a very happy owner of an ES :)

#4 · (Edited)
One of the problems with the new TV advert (in UK) is that Ford emphasise that it is a 'small' SUV.

Now it may be slightly smaller than Nissan Quasqui's and Renault Captures and the like, but not small.

It takes everything in the cabin and the boot is just about the same size as the above SUV's.

They should have stated the price is far better, and that might bring more people into the dealerships :D

Quashqai length...4.4M
Ecosport length....4.1M

Thats 300mm or one foot.

#7 ·
Hi,
Owned my EcoSport ST Line 125 Red/Black for 6 months now and the honeymoon period is definitely over...Had a littany of problems to deal with since my last post and to be honest, it's put me right off the car and possibly another Ford too.

1) Paint Blemish on bonnet turns out to be a bad batch of Red which wasn't picked up on vehicle PDI. Why not?
2) Alarm was setting itself off at random times through day and night. Traced to a faulty wiring loom in rear door which because it comes from 'Abroad' won't be here for weeks.....
3) Stainless Steel door sills with ST-Line logo have corroded (Rusted) over. Completely.
4) Tyre Pressure Sensors have a mind of their own.....Front off side sensor was showing as deflated but it was the right rear which was at fault.
5) Sub-Woofer in boot sounds rattly….like a piece of grit has got in the cone....To be honest, i'm pretty fed up.

Ford dealer has been incompetent at best and to be honest I've had enough. Been back to the dealer every week now for at least 8 weeks. Sales not interested, Service Manager no good to man nor beast.

So i'll give them until Christmas. If it's not fixed by then it's going back and i'm having a different manufacturer.

I've had Ford's for years, have seen that the quality of certain models is not what it could or should be....I took a leap of faith with the EcoSport after reading a fair amount of negative comments about the build quality of the car.

You live and learn....I hope you've a good dealer.

Will leave it there for now,

B

#8 ·
Interesting your comments about the after sales non existent service.
Having posted about the failure of all due to a faulty reading from a sensor in the cooling system, I have tried to get some form of help from the dealer that supplied the Ecosoprt under the Motability scheme. On Monday I made a substantial detour to a branch of the dealer and tried to get to someone who could help. Brickwall all the way. Not interested just book the car in and we will check. 60 mile round trip. When I explained I had the fault code and I only wanted advice. Oh Dear sin of all sins. I then said it's a Motability vehicle the reply. Ring the RAC.

#9 ·
After sales is rubbish, but not just Fords, its just the way it is with most car dealerships, once they have your cash.

I tried to get a 'radio code' for my Wife's smart Fortwo, as previous owner had lost it.
It is needed in case of battery disconnection, you would lose the radio operation without the code.

I went to my local mecedes/smart dealer and after a half hour waiting , I got to ask my question, and they charged me £20 just to look up the records on a computer to get the four digit code for our cars registration, as they said it was time consuming, it took 15 minutes of their time :eek:

This puts owners off dealing with these money grabbing dealerships, but they had me, as I needed that radio code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.