Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MY18 upgrade brings revised drivetrains, a drastically made-over cabin, more equipment and new styling headlined by a more upmarket grille design. However, that polarising spare wheel on the tailgate remains – a nod to the car’s Indian ‘heritage’ (it’s made there).

That button-heavy instrument cluster made to resemble a Nokia phone is gone, replaced by touchscreens – 6.5-inch on the base Ambiente and 8.0-inch on the Trend/Titanium. Both have SYNC 3 Emergency 000 Assistance, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and a rear camera display.

Ford has also upped the quality – much needed – and added some more soft plastics for the tactile-minded. There are also new seats, two relocated USB ports, more cabin storage, easy-flip/folding back seats and a new multi-height boot floor

The exterior design upgrade resembles that of the bigger Escape, which is also battling on the sales charts despite being quite good. There’s that new nose, revised rear bumper and tail light looks, and some new colours. Ground clearance is a large (for the class) 209mm.

For more on the Australian model see here: http://www.caradvice.com.au/607080/2018-ford-ecosport-australian-details/

·
Registered
853 Posts
Both have SYNC 3 Emergency 000 Assistance via GPS tracking
This is going to be mandatory on all new cars in the UK by end of 2019, and to me putting my conspiracy tin foil hat on it is big brother watching you
It may be useful in Australia as its a vast place, but here in the UK we are rarely alone for too long.

It is just a means of watching you, and if I ever buy another new car I will snap off or disconnect the GPS antenna.
No-one is going to track me.

In the recent history of 'lost cars' in the UK , there has only been one severe incident in the past decade, where a car on a Scottish motorway went over an embankment and the occupants were not rescued for two days, and both died. This was down to shear incompetency as the police were informed by a driver who saw the car go off road by phoning them using a local 101 phonecall (non-emergency number), instead of the usual 999 emergency number, and it was somehow forgotten, until to late.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts