Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reading the latest sales figures and Ford are not doing that well compared to what they should be.
Figures from Jato Dynamics show that Ford sold just 11,257 EcoSport models in Europe from April to November last year. The car's main rivals performed considerably better, with Renault's Captur selling 149,701 units during the same period. Peugeot's 2008 sold 125,002 units and Vauxhall's Mokka attracted 114,658 sales.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The EcoSport seems to be the only car in its class that isn't able to be personalised. I remember when Rover started offering Racing Green as an optional extra. It was their best selling colour. Extra profits for them...

Why can't Ford see this? The EcoSport and soon to be demised Ka have such limited options. Come on Ford. Take a look at the Fiat 500, Mini and Captur. When was the last time you saw a basic spec one? They've all got personalised roof colours, stripes, different wheels, etc...

As a minimum, the ES should have a selection of wheels available. Optional roof bars and privacy glass would be nice too. It took me all my time to even find a set of mud flaps for it...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ecoboost said:
Yeah I agree, and sort the trim levels out so they match the rest of the range too!
Definitely!
There are some things that I can 'live without' coming from a Titanium Fiesta, like Cruise Control, Auto Wipers and Auto Head Lights.
But I would have loved to have heated windscreen, electric wing mirrors and tinted glass.
Still very happy with it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is where I think Ford have missed a trick. Aftersales options are very poor. Things like chrome and privacy glass.I'm in the process of personalising my ES. Chrome (done, but might add a little more) Privacy Glass (being done Friday). Will then see if I want to do more.
Maleko said:
There are some things that I can 'live without' coming from a Titanium Fiesta, like Cruise Control, Auto Wipers and Auto Head Lights.
Cruise control - like but not essential. Auto Wipers - always use. Auto head Lights- have only used once or twice when on long journeys.
Maleko said:
But I would have loved to have heated windscreen, electric wing mirrors and tinted glass.
Really should have heated windscreen. Got electric mirrors. Getting Tinted glass (£160).Lazy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ford have really missed a trick here. Paying a 3rd party for extra chrome bits, tinted windows, etc is just lost revenue...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts