Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was on the news over the weekend that Ford is to cut slow selling models in Europe.

Is the Ecosport at risk do you think?

The target is to save around $200 million a year in administrative costs by launching a redundancy program that's aiming to reduce the 10,330 employees working in administrative roles.

The manufacturer has already closed three factories in Western Europe since 2013 while they reached an “innovative cost-saving agreement” with labour unions in Germany.

The plan also includes the elimination of less-profitable models over time without specifying which models will bite the dust. Reports are suggesting that the new Ka city car is among the first to go, rumours are the B-Max might go too.

Also hearing two new SUV's will be launched - where will that leave the Ecosport?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not sure but just look at the increase of this type of car from other manufacturers, the other end of that argument could be a bigger focus on the modal it is been introduced into the home market.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought mine In November and have only seen 6 in 3 months. But in the last week in Daventry where I live I have seen 6 new cars. I even pointed to one and they laughed as I said another one. So I think they are starting to take of. Even one of my work colleages went to have a look and thought it looked good.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Only had ours for just over two weeks now and have seen about five in the local area all 65 plates and all had the spare wheel. The dealer did say they are beginning to sell more especially in the past few months so it looks like they are starting to take off

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes agree they say you see more when you have one, but the Ford dealer confirmed more going out now then later last year. Seen a few last month or so but all brand new 65 plate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts