Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front washers are not working. I can't here the pump working. However the rear ones are. Do the front and rear use the same pump and tank

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news TWO pumps! Fitted usually to the bottom side of the tank and often involves moving the liner of the front wing. OR look at the book and see if seperate fuses, unlikely but worth checking first.

·
Registered
880 Posts
On a side issue but has a warning for you all, the only fault I had with my last Ecosport 2016, was that the rear washer nozzle for the rear window refused to spray water out (during the winter).

It was my fault as I had not put ready mix screenwash in, that goes down to -5C, or -10C, or -20C, depending on which you buy. This protects from freezing. I just had plain water in it which froze in winter.

Years ago this was no problem as the screen wash plastic tubing was just a continuous run and just froze up. They would thaw later, and everything was OK.

Nowadays with modern car like the Ecosport, the tubing is made up of a different pieces of plastic tubing connected by plastic through connectors, that POP OUT if frozen water is in there. That happened to me at the back of the roof lining and one connector popped out, and when thawed, the water just ran down the inside of the roof lining, and no water was coming out of the rear washer nozzle to the rear window. DOH :(

So that's your warning, make sure you put low temperature screen wash in.

As for warranty, Ford did sort me out, though technically it was my fault, but they did warn me to put low temperature screenwash in, from now on, and I do :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
I checked the handbook and could find nothing regarding fuses for the washers. I found a couple of entries for the relays? ONLY rear but nothing else. Sorry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts