Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new Ecosport in September 2018. It is a Ecosport 5-door ST Line 1.0 Ecoboost 125ps petrol automatic It is the ideal car for me and I only have two problems with it: 1. poor petrol consumption - I get 32mpg although most is around town driving. 2. Drivers seat leg support - seat length not good enough for anything other than a short distance.

Does anyone have any comments on these points.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Official Combined figure is 47.1 MPG for the 1.0 petrol Ecosport (123bhp). But you ain't going to get that as its a laboratory result and not real road conditions. New realist figures are now being brought out shortly, about time, as there has been many complaints about how unrealistic they are for all makes of cars.

Looking at past threads via 'search box' about fuel consumption, you can expect on the 1.0 petrol Ecosport, between 32 MPG to 40 MPG.

I have a manual box 1.0, and get around 34 to 40 MPG depending on road conditions, and driving conditions, and think that is good for an SUV.

An auto box 1.0, you would expect around 2 MPG less than the manual figures.
Putting on A/C continuously during journey takes around 2 MPG off your figures.
Town driving all the time, would lower MPG figures. Motorway driving you get far better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Colin. That ties in with the fact that with my previous car, a 1.0 petrol manual Focus I got 34 mpg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts