Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news, due to the virus situation, fuel use has dropped dramatically, and so there is a price war.

Cheapest I have seen is £1.05 a litre for unleaded petrol at one of my local garages. So that is 4.54 x 1.05 = £4.76 a UK gallon. Thats under a fiver a gallon, Cheapest its been for a long time ;)

Unfortunately due to lockdown, we cannot go out in the car, except to the supermarket or justified essential travel, DOH >:)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Down to 99p/litre this week at my local petrol station for unleaded petrol.

Pity me, as I do not need petrol at the moment as not going anywhere by car (except for weekly run to supermarket for food and toilet roll), as here in Scotland we are still on lockdown orders, unlike England that is coming out of lockdown.

(England starting to come out of lockdown now. Scotland Wales and N. Ireland have refused to come out of lockdown, so much for a united stand, LOL)...

I wonder who is taking the correct path at the moment, we wait and see >:)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Judging by the reaction here on local TV, you in Scotland and Wales have it right. St Ives locals have said they don't want visitors and certainly not the 2nd homers, in St Ives a particularly 'hot' subject.
A Cousin in North Wales has told me that despite the Welsh Assmbly keeping the Stay at Home, there is evidence of people ignoring it. One allegedly stayed in a caravan on a caravan site and then launched his boat. My Cousin lives just south of Bangor and when the lockdown first came in Liverpudlians and others froma s far away as Manchester we coming down with trailers and stripping the shops. At least London is some 200 plus miles away. They in North Wales have the big conurbations closer.
Presumably our Prime MInister is trying to balance big business and stopping the virus spreading. My personla view is that we should ALL be in line, namely Stay at Home. I suppose I am selfish but at our age if we get the Virus our chances of survival are slim.( my Wife and I)

London: people complaining about public transport being crowded and yet no face coverings. It seems they think HM Goverment should pay for them. I bought face masks as a pre caution. One Woman put a question forward Where can I get face masks????????? It was not well received.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would agree Freddy that those 'behind the scenes' have told or forced 'Boris our PM' its time for all those getting paid to stay at home to get back to work. Its get the economy going again, verses increased deaths.

It was easy to lockdown but not so easy to start up again, as many have children off school, and they have to go back to school before their parent or parents can go back to work. Plus getting social distancing at work or shops and stores will be a nightmare.

I still think in the next few weeks the other nations (Scotland Wales and N.Ireland) will have to comply like England, and get back to some sort of slow ease of lockdown, or we will never get out of this. Any vaccine or drug is a quite a while off, assuming there will be any this year or next. So it is not a good situation for many.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts