Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys Is it worth spending the extra on performance deisel such as shell's V or supermarket?
Well I did a test! Since I purchased my ES I've used a well known supermarket (bog standard fuel) but last week I filled up from an empty tank with the shell V deisel,any change? Well yes
1) On the cold mornings the engine warmed up a lot quicker
2) the engine purs sweeter with this fuel
3) I feel a sharper performance in the low gear ratios
4) and finally I'm getting (all be it approx) 6 more miles per gallon.
So I ask the forum Is it worth it in the long run?

·
Registered
503 Posts
That's interesting thanks. I've read mixed reviews, some say they can notice a difference, others suggest its all marketing!
I've not made the leap yet but keep me updated with how you get on over the next couple of thousand miles, the extra MPG might make the extra cost worth it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
We have a shell garage but they only stock the standard stuff, not usually a problem but when you're collecting the Lego toys they only give you them with the premium fuel! lol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update
Refulled three times with shell v-power diesel,and yes I'm definitely seeing a difference in how my Eco runs
1) warms up a lot quicker
2) more response in low gears (better than fuelled with supermarket diesel)
3) and a few more MPG (all be it marginal)
But the best thing is how the tdci is more smoother and responsive, so is it worth forking out the extra at the pumps
I think so 😍

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With prices at there lowest for years a full tank of v-she'll is costing £55.00, and I think it's worth it.Your car is brand new so keep it that way by putting good quality fuels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts