Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been meaning to publish this but being old and silly I forget.
2018 Ecosport TitaniummAuto One dark morning I noticed light coming from the glove box through the gap left when the lid is shut.
On opening the glove box I stupidly touched the bulb and it was red hot. Obviously the switch was not making contact with its pad on the glove box lid. Leaving the glove box light on permanently. I say pad is its just a raised button.
I glued a small rubber pad to the glove box lid and no more light.
This am the car hadn't been started for a fortnight and on opening the glove box lid I saw the pad had come off. How long the light had been on again I don't know BUT a Honda in the same circumstances would mean a flat battery. They used a 'torch' battery in the Jazz and a door open for less than an hour was a flat battery. Thankfully Ford use bigger batteries.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hi Freddy, If you do not trust the glove box switch that operates the light, even with your modifications, then just temporary take the bulb out, so you cannot lose power from the battery. Take the problem up with the dealer next service.

I have never trusted bulbs you cannot see if they are on or off, ie, glove box lights and boot lights, and even cabin lights that work on a timer till they go off, I always have wait outside of the car to see the cabin lights go off. I am that concerned of flattening the car battery overnight.

On many a car i modify the circuit so the lights you cannot see are definitely off when parked. For instance on my last convertible I changed the 12v supply for the boot light taken from the rear tail lights instead, so the boot light would not work unless the tail lights were on. So when finished with the car, tail lights are switched off, so boot light is definitely off.

It can be a worry >:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts