Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all new to the forum have a 1.5 2016 plate in the family didn’t realise they were so desirable to the criminals

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :D

I would say not to specifically worry about your Ecosport, as all makes of cars are suspect to some criminal activity, or even worse to me, vandalism, that I hate as they are senseless morons and damage your car for nothing.

Anyway, the Ecosport is way down the list of desirability for criminals, its a Ford for a start LOL, its not exactly a fancy make.

The main thing is keep out of nasty and bad areas for parking, do not fit fancy bolt on items that brings attention, and most importantly never leave desirable items shown inside the cabin or in the boot (without cover, even with cover it is best to cover shopping with a black raincoat, etc, so if a crook looks in the gaps of the cover, they still see nothing).

For example I have seen cars broken into for a childs toy, so keep them hidden. Sad world, but you do have to think of these things. Remember my Dad getting a weeks food shopping in the boot, stolen by the crook smashing the back window and away with the lot, but the moral was, he parked in a bad area and shopping was on display. I always think about these things when parking.

I see you have 1.5 diesel (with EU5 emissions), ie, pre 2017 facelift model, you are now one the last with a good diesel engine, as the newer facelift Ecosport diesel is complex (with EU6 emissions), ie, more burn cycles of the DPF filter to burn off soot, and adblue is now compulsory, this leads to more complications and faults as the car gets older, that made many owners no longer want to buy diesel engine cars.

I gave up diesel a while back, as no way did I want EU6 complexity, and most new Facelift Ecosport owners now buy the 1.0 petrol engine, like I did. OK, you get less to the gallon compared to diesel, but you only have to worry about a couple of O2 sensors and a catalytic convertor on the petrol engine.

So enjoy your Ecosport, watch where you park, and Happy New Year ;)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Oh, I forgot to say from my experience.....NEVER....just never park in a multi-story carpark, as its just a place for criminals to get spare parts.

My example: My Ford Capri in the 1980's entered multi-story carpark, left carpark a few hours later minus windscreen wipers and wiper stalks, all totally unbolted and gone.

Never been back to any multi-story carpark since :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts