Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After five painful months, my Ecosport has gone. Terrible dealer, terrible car, non-existent aftersales service, expensive finance, never ran properly and of all the cars I've had, this has been the shortest owned - by at least two years and the one I have been most keen to be rid of.

I'm sure there are lots and lots of happy owners out there (and please don't let these few words ruin that), but in the end I was far from one of them. For a modern manufacturer to strip a car of simple essentials you take for granted these days - such as a light in the glovebox, or a grab rail/hook to hang your suit jacket on, an ability to dim the dash or even a sixth gear and then dress it up as a high spec titanium model should be a warning to anyone considering one.

Yes, I achieved just over 50mpg in real world motoring (1.5 diesel), yes road tax was cheaper than the car it replaced but they were the most souless 5000 miles I have ever driven. Good value for money was exchanged in a moment of madness for a car that all round dull and simply dangerous on icy roads.

The joyless experience wasn't helped by a dealer who switched off after the sale and never sorted suspension knocks which shoud never have been there. I read the poor reviews before I bought it and misread exclusivity and rareness for a car that simply doesn't sell. It may well be based on the best selling and handling Fiesta but none of the Fiestas traits are carried over to the Ecosport believe me!

As an aside, good luck to anyone who needs to change a fuse - I'm no fool but the manual baffled me and the dealer. The charger socket blew one. Apparently you should remove your phone when you start the engine to prevent power spikes - I've heard it all........

On the plus side, I found the remote unlocking to be useful - which is the only feature Ford draw attention to in their current commercials. I imagine they'd be hard pressed to highlight many other unique selling points. The sum total of the early days makeover it little more than to remove the spare wheel - come on Ford, anyone here could do better than that! Take the hints about powerfold mirrors, a heated screen and privacy glass.

Oh - and the audio was really impressive. But that's it I'm afraid! For anyone keen to own one, I'm happy to have extended your choice by supplying another example to the used market. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles.
I think the car can be disappointing depending on your expectations to some but you should really do your research first.
If the finance was expensive surely you knew that when you bought the car? Or did you just sign away without checking?
Probably nothing you can do about faults that crop up and the useless dealer aftercare. You should name and shame so that others can avoid them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've driven lots of cars in ice and snow, without question the ecosport was the worst of the lost. Narrow fuel saving tyres and tall ride height don't help. I'm well aware any car will slide if you push it hard enough, the all at once and without warning nature of the ecosport was the worst I have experienced.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Iancambs said:
Narrow fuel saving tyres and tall ride height don't help.
Narrow fuel saving tyres???

Mine are Good Year Ultra Grip and are fantastic!
What tyres were on yours?

I personally don't see why people are complaining about the ride height, I can throw the ES round corners really well and it sticks to the road and doesn't feel like it 'rolls' any more than my Fiesta did.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So helpful and interesting to read your thoughts guys, thank you. I think the new model is lowered by 10mm anyway, so any doubts in my mind have gone. I love my ecosport and I haven't even got it yet! Just another query seeing as you are all so helpful, does anyone have any experience of buying a new car through a broker such as Carfile as they do offer very good discounts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah brokers are really good, have a shop around because some have better deals than others.
You don't technically buy from the broker, they are selling them on behalf of a dealership and your actual financial transaction / finance is arranged through the dealership. They put you in touch once you buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts