Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new Tyre to match the new spare on my 2015 Ecosport.
Any information would be helpful.

·
Registered
811 Posts
You can get a new 15" Ecosport steel spare on Ebay for around £100, a new 16" steel spare version is a lot more expensive.

You have 16" but a 15" is fine as a spacesaver, where the rolling radius is a bit less than the road tyres. You can fit different size tyres on same axle as a spacesaver, many factory fitted spacesavers are like that. This is ok as a get you home tyre or to the garage with the following rules, max speed is 50 MPH, i would stick to 40MPH, and must be replaced ASAP.

You may also find a secondhand 16" spare at a better price on ebay, if you want same size tyre as road wheels. If the 16" spare tyre is thinner than your road wheels, once again it is classed as a spacesaver.

15" example full size steel (2014 to 2018)...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15-Ford-...osport&hash=item25f3c6cabf:g:uuAAAOSwZrhaZd68

Note that you need scissor jack at 2 tonne capacity, as ecosport is well over 1 tonne.
Also get a brace with telescopic long handle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.
I am trying to buy one Tyre to match the spare to put on the car to replace two worn tyres. I would like to keep the same tyres all round and a used one on the boot. Goodyear do not supply the Assurance Fuel Max 16inch 92v in the UK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts