Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, Hopefully you accept members from the U.S..?
The Ecosport has only been available here since 2018, I knew that they've been around the world for a while now..

I picked up the last 2018 Ecosport SE on my local dealers lot here in NY last Tuesday, So far so good!
Traded in my 2011 Nissan Juke which gave me 7 yrs/168K miles of faithful service.

Things I like so far about the Ecosport: Feels like I'm driving a bigger vehicle, handles well, excellent visibility..

Look forward to reading what other owners have to say about it, especially as it has been in Europe longer..

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi Milefive, a big hello for us in the UK, as well as other places, like members from France, etc :D

Did not realise the Ecosport was available as an import to the USA. I suppose with world wide markets it had to happen.
I remember years ago getting a Honda Civic Coupe from Ohio, USA, had it 10 years, very reliable.
I have found the Ecosport very reliable too.

The car has been made in India initially for home market and overseas markets (I have one from there in 2016).
The newer facelift car made from mid 2017 onwards, is made in the Ford plant in Craiova, Romania, Europe.

You can read about the owning experience of the Ecosport here....
https://www.ecosportownersclub.co.uk/forum/19-main-message-centre/4748-considering-ecosport.html

Any questions, just ask ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome. We have a 2018 Titanium ( I believe the trim levels are different outside UK) Automatic built in Romania. Like Colin I had a Honda which was extremely reliable prior to the Ecosport. We were not great fans of Ford vehicles BUT both are somewhat smitten by the Ecosport. It had one glitch, which lasted about 5 minutes and has not reappeared. The dealer could not find a problem. It was just one of those silly electrical hiccups.
What is a surprise to a stick in the mud Englishman is your comment about it feels like a bigger vehicle, given we are constantly told that you drive large vehicles!
The motoring press over here don't like the Ecosport and yet reviews done by others outside the UK give a different view. What ever enjoy the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ECOSPORT does not get much favorable press in the U.S. either, That's really a non-issue for me.

I'm happy with it so far, I got a good deal & the dealer is 5 minutes from my home..

I traded in my 2011 NISSAN JUKE with 168K miles for the ECOSPORT, another car panned by critics that served quite well for me.
(The JUKE had been discontinued in the U.S. since due to slow sales though still around in Canada)

I have the 2.0L I4 6SP AUTO version of the ECOSPORT, unaware of that version is in the U.K.?
The spare tire holder is not available in the U.S. though..

·
Registered
880 Posts
We don't get big engines here now on the Ecosport, I have the 1.5 petrol but they have done away with that on the facelift model and only offer a 1.0 petrol 3 cylinder engine or a 1.5 eco diesel.

As for spare tyre, well you can see my full sized spare on my model (small picture on left with a cover) which was an extra at the time, but on the facelift model they offer as an extra a spacesaver tyre that goes in the boot (trunk), though it can be bought on Ebay as well as an aftermarket item.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts