Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have owned ESTitanium for 6months and find have to pull handbrake lever to 10 clicks on a steep hill to hold. Also haven't managed to operate hill start brake hold. Otherwise very happy with the car in general

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Raymond
Have found on a step hill that the handbrake dose need to be pulled up quite high. Not sure ours is actually fitted with hill start assist as on the Fiesta its activated from the option on the software menu on the display and it doesn't come up on the ES.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark,
Will look into the menu again otherwise I will bring it up with garage at next service.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just read in the owners manual that it works automatically if you hold the car on a hill with the foot brake when you release the pedal the brake system detectes it's on a hill and holds for 2-3 seconds.
Will have to give it a try.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm sure mine doesn't do this, I'll have to find an empty hill to test it on...

As for the handbrake, yeah I have to pull it high too. I was going to ask if this could be adjusted on the next service.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I do not trust handbrake holding in cars since asbestos linings were banned to some other stuff

I tend to not use handbrake at all on my journeys, and leave car in gear when parked, with handbrake on.

I do not know if i will have hill start, till i get my Ecosport in three weeks time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts