Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Dan,Thought about it but I am not keen on black cars and would prefer the Diesel engine, it only appeared to be the 1.0 L petrol engine in black that was available.It would be interesting to hear from anybody that has pre-ordered one though to find out when the delivery will be.Cheers
.Andy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have ordered mine!! Thought I was going to have to wait until next spring - the limited editions is a real bonus.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Red,Good to hear
, as you say the limited edition is a bonus
, you just have the wait now
. Keep us posted on how things are progressing.Cheers
.Andy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Dan

Yes, I got to choose my local dealer - I nominated them when I did the reservation. The dealer have said that the expected delivery date is toward the end of October for a 1 November registration. Can't wait !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Dan,That's a good delivery, you will be driving about in it for quite a long time before anybody gets a dealer ordered one.Did you have the option of trading in your old car ?Cheers
.Andy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Andy

Well delivery date isn't confirmed yet - that's the expected date - we'll see!All that's happened so far is that I've had confirmation of the order and that I've been allocated one of limited editions. In terms of trading in the car - yes I am part-exchanging. The purchase/finance arrangements seem to be the same as any other purchase.

Red

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a voucher on Saturday. Have a week to make my mind up. The dealermade it clear the Special Edition carwill not be available until April next year.This morning there were 6 each available for the petrol or diesel, which is more than whenI got my voucher. The numbers go up and down as the order time lapses.Are they reasonable value? Not sure.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
16 Posts
HiI've just had an email from my dealer confirming my car is now showing on their dealer system and saying that they'll be in touch again when it's built and on its way. There was never any suggestion I'd have to wait until April as that's the planned general release. I'll be surprised if I get it for 1 November which is what was put on the paperwork, but I expect to have it before the end of the year. The price seems good value - when you price up the same model with the x pack and sync and metallic paint ( the only non-metallic paint is a bright yellow)you'll be saving about £1500 on list and with demand the dealer isn't expecting any lavish discounts - but as with anything it is a risk - for me it's worth taking for not having to wait until April.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Order placed. Deposit paid. Confirmation received.
6 MONTH WAIT!!!!!
Well I cant complain that loudly as I fell in love with this car at first sight. I was a little disappointing that they haven't even started building the UK cars yet.
APRIL isn't that far away... right?!?!?!?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Marc

Does your confirmation actually state that you have to wait until April? Mine didn't. My dealer said something completely different - they're talking November as this was a special early release - admittedly they haven't confirmed it yet.

Thanks
Red

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Red,
Yeah at the top right of the form I have it says: Delivery date 30/04/2014
I have ordered my car through Lookers Ford though.I have also got an Email from them saying that the cars haven't been scheduled a date to be built yet.
TaM

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Marc

That's useful - thanks. Have contacted my dealer now for clarification. Interestingly now on the ford.co.uk site you can configure the ecosport and there is a finance promotion on for ecosports ordered up to 31 Dec 13 and registerd by 31 March 2014 - that sounds like they expect some of the normal release cars to be on the road before April. I've put the link below. Am still hopeful to have mine before April but we will see - I'm not holding my breath!

Red
http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/EcoSport/Promotions

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Red,Have Titanium x in sea grey 1.5 petrol power shift with ugraded radio & parking sensors also extended warranty cover to 5 yearsDelivery expected/promised feb/march 2014Awaiting confirmation of 'my car' being loaded on boat from IndiaPrice & trade in very satisfactory with local dealerLooking forward to reading a road test in UK Hoping suspension adjusted to our roads from first carsdeliveredOui oui
Edited by: Dan

1 - 20 of 30 Posts