Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Just to clarify my earlier post the question should have been does any else have very poor dull light output from their headlights on the 2015 Ecosport 1.0 turbo zetec petrol model especially on country back roads in particular where there is no other light source i.e. street lights etc.
:mad::mad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Jmac,
Can't say I have any cause for complaint with mine, they seem fine. In fact, people keep flashing me when they are on low beam, so I am thinking they must be fairly bright and oncoming cars think they are on full beam. I drive on a lot of unlit country roads and I am happy. Not sure why you would have a problem with yours?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check what position the little numbered switch is on the light panel it should be on 0 or1 for normal use only use other numbers when fully loaded

·
Registered
111 Posts
Long drive out today 1st one since we picked up the EC, back in the dark lights "spot on" as Wolfmute said need to use the head light level to get the best option depending of load in the car.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Another option is you could always upgrade the bulbs to something a little brighter, Halfords sell 150% brighter bulbs that might help (assuming they fit the ES!)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Had the car out a few times now in the dark and the lights are very good, controlled dip with great main beam as good as any short of Xenon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have had cars flash me as well thinking I was on main beam, but the shock when I flash full beam. My lights seem fine in the dark, I think the light dispurtion is wide spread across the road rather than in two small areas like older cars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think it's because the cars are higher up and the headlights are more inline with the drivers eyes on oncoming vehicles which is why they flash you. I find the Jukes the worst, 6 oncoming lights at you!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2016 Ecosport and your right the lights are crap they use the old H4 bulbs like on old cars, The new Ecosport has the modern hid projector lights on it, why didn't they put them on the pre 18 models they have been on fiestas since about 2012.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a very poor light output from my headlights, but I have a different car. I drive a 2011 Honda Accord.

·
Registered
7 Posts
By me, it is pretty dangerous to drive a car with poor light from headlights, and therefore I decided to fix the problem by changing the headlights. I found out that LED headlights are absolutely perfect and have a very strong and consistent light. When I found a site with Automotive Led Lights, I decided to buy and install new headlights instantly. That was the right decision as the new headlights I have a really awesome. I would recommend you to fix the problem with poor light output from your headlights as soon as possible.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Think we should stick with the Ecosport, thanks, as this is an Ecosport forum.

BULBS...
As for headlights. In the last decade or more, wattage has reduced a lot, this makes the brightness very poor, especially on wet roads at night. I used to have cars with 100W or higher, now they are 70W or lower down to 55W.

But take note that you can buy 150% higher brightness for the same wattage, and are worth fitting.

All you have to do is put in google '150% brighter car bulbs', and they cost from around £20 a pair up to £30.
Makes are Philips white vision, Osram night breakers, Ring 150 premium, to name but a few, etc.

LED conversion....
Please note I am not talking about LED light conversions, as although they give better lighting, some makes do not meet MOT standards with the pattern of lighting and could be a mot failure, and also some overheat and another problem can cause fault codes to the cars canbus system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts