Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening was my first time driving this car in the dark and much to my surprise the headlights are utter garbage! At times I was wondering if they were even switched on.

Is this just the factory bulbs being rubbish or is there more to it?

If it's just the bulbs I guess a trip to Halfords for some better ones are in order!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I found that the head light put out an even coverage of light not two intense spots like in older cars. It just takes a bit of getting used to it now don't even notice it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Seen posts before re lights on the ES, can not see any problem with the ES lights they work very well. I have had and got upgraded light bulbs in my VW but the ES standard set up are as good if not better.
As the nights get darker sooner lets see how others feel regarding there lights.:)

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have got my Ecosport on order so cannot state anything about ecosport headlights yet, but mark my words that I will be checking this out on my first first dark night driving.....So I can only talk in general about poor car lighting....

I have had to upgrade lighting on most cars that I have bought in the last decade. Found that in dark and wet conditions lighting has been very poor.

In general the power of lights in a modern car is quite low, of say 55W to 60W, and years ago you could just legally put higher wattage bulbs in it, but not now as you have to stick with similar wattage, but there is technical solutions below....

Solution.....

If you look on Halfords and other such websites, or visit Halfords as you say, and you will find an equivalent bulb that is either 50% brighter for the same wattage, or even up to 90% brighter with newer bulb technology.

You can insert your car details 'Ford Ecosport' in these websites and find far brighter bulbs available for your specific car. I did this for my Nissan Qashqui that I have at present and installed Phillips 50% brighter bulbs, within the first week of buying the car.

I assume there will be some drivers on here that can put you right on which bulbs they went for to get brighter replacements at same wattage. I will be checking myself once I get my Ecosport.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts