Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ......

I have just purchased a 2018 STline Ecosport from Cazoo,

I am here for advice as and when i may need it and to offer some back (if i can)

Anyone know of any common problems i need to look out for? i have a 3 month warranty and not afraid to use it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
HI I have had an issue with my drivers seat pad.. the my 2018 has only done 22k miles.. and the pad has been replaced under warranty.. i'm still not really happy with it.

also the parcel shelf has 2 plastic connectors on the end that have come off... they are rolling around the boot somewhere... when I find them Im going to glue that in place... ( i know its not a biggie) but something to check

otherwise im happy with the eco... if its a bit under powered, im not a boy racer either

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hi Lord Muck and welcome to the forum :D

I would agree with Ecojimbo that the rear parcel shelf is flimsy.

Another common fault with the ecosport is the rear door lock solinoid packing in, mainly with the pre face lift Ecosport (Prior to mid 2017), but at least one facelift model has had trouble with the rear door lock failing. Its a case of replacing solinoid or putting another rear door lock in, new or secondhand.

The engines seem ok, though a few petrol owners have had to replace one of the two O2 sensors either side of the cat converter failing, 1.0 petrol engine. (Do a search in search box for 02 sensors)

A few diesel owners have had problems with the diesel particulate filter filling with soot and not burning off. (Do a search in search box for soot)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts