Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new member to the group. I pick up my new white ecosport Titainum in a couple of weeks. Cannot wait!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked it up this morning, absolutely love it. I'll get used to the dimensions. Ride height is really good, full clear view of the road.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep that's why people love SUV 's great driving position it also lifts all the important bits up from the road so all these global warming floods can be traveled.

The new car looks good the auto 1.0 ltr is long overdue had it in the Fiesta great combo, AWD got to be a seller, the interior if combined with a improved build and material lift should be a hit.

Enjoy your motor, had ours two years now and it grows on you, the overall package if they continue to keep the costs sensible can only be good for us all holding re sale values.

·
Registered
889 Posts
You may find the blind spot on the A pillar (the small triangles next to the door mirrors) a bit of getting used to.

It makes the A pillar rather fat, and hence you have to weive your head about quite a bit, especially at junctions, to see around the A pillar/door mirror area.

Other than that its a brilliant car to drive, plenty of room , and as said above, you have a good seat height to see everything.

what engine did you go for?

I have the 1.5 petrol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I did notice the blind spot and having to lean a bit. But then I find myself leaning towards the middle making use of the arm rest anyway.

I went for the 1L ecoboost. I vary between a 4 mile round trip or an 80 mile round trip for work, so didn't bother with the diesel.

The car was brand new so may take a bit of driving before the average MPG starts to level out but I must admit, it's nowhere near what Ford have advertised.

If I do the 4 mile trip to the train station, it's just normal roads, but the days where I have to actually drive to work and do the 80 mile round trip it's mainly A roads with the odd dual carriage way and a lot of Cornish hills!

Saying that, the boost from the engine makes getting up the hills effortless. Which is why the MPG probably isn't showing as good as I'd have hoped.

·
Registered
889 Posts
You will likely get around 38 MPG (MPG for 1.0 and 1.5 was discussed on another earlier thread), I get slightly less having a 1.5 petrol, around 36 MPG

I packed in diesel after having them for years, as .....
Better away from it now with EU6 emission regs, as most diesels now have adblue, which it tends to eat, and thus costs a lot on running costs, plus some makes of diesels now are having oil dilution/contaminates problems due to EU6 and needs far more oil and filter changes, again extra costs. And then there is the dreaded PDF fliter and burn cycle that has to get rid of the soot, can be a fault area as the car gets older, which I had on my last diesel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts