Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just joined although I have been browsing the forum since I had my Ecosport last year.

I have a Zetec 1.0 ecoboost, panther black and have had all the rear windows tinted limo black. Also, Father Christmas just bought me a pair of scuff plates for the front door sills that will be fitted tomorrow as long as it's not raining ?

Love my car, although I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed with the mpg from what was advertised. Still, I only drive 2 miles every morning so I wouldn't get very good fuel economy whatever I drove!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi
Welcome!
I have the 1.0 ecoboost and I do 36miles to work in the morning and 36miles back again in the evening (mostly motorway) but some time stuck in traffic around schools, stations and town centres. I can get mid to high 50s on the motorway, but the mileage really takes a hit in town and can drop to below 40.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Window dark tint looks the biz. 38 mpg average overall in its first year from my 1.0 ltr ES think most will not be far off this overall. Fast motorway trips drink it a bit as well, you would need to do a lot of steady B road in a high gear to get what Ford says.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks both, and yes I still love it after 18 months. I'm really pleased with the windows as I wasn't happy with being able to see the gap behind the rear seats and into the boot.

My mpg is almost exactly the same as yours bobtail, nothing like Ford stated at all! I even had them plug it in at the first service to check it but they said everything was fine.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Really like the window tints, was that aftermarket?

I have had my red Ecosport now just over five weeks, love it, and also went for the spare wheel at the back, but went for the 1.5 petrol engine, as am used to it with our company car having the same engine.

Road tax is £30 higher than the 1.0 petrol, Fuel consumption is in the lower 40's MPG. Quite happy with that.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Argh, cannot edit above post.

Although we get on average lower 40's, that with the car light and empty, bar the driver.

On one trip with four adults and luggage and with a head wind, was getting as low as 34 MPG, so MPG does depend on a load of road conditions. You never get anywhere near the Government stated figures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes Colinjyd, I had the windows done professionally over the summer at a window tinting company here in Birmingham. I'm really pleased with them, I love the difference it's made to the look of the car and the kids like it with not too much sun glaring in on them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello my name is Rob and I'm Bobbysgirl's other half.

In the last week I have treated the wife to a new Mercedes A class as an early 40th Birthday present. The present included trading in my Mini so the Ecosport is now my car.

Hopefully chat to you all soon

Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the welcome

I have noticed the headlights aren't the best and have a yellow tint compared to the LED sidelights.

I have just been searching and have seen Halfords do their own brand brighter bulbs for £20 and are currently buy one get one free so I might give them a go. I just need to see how easy the bulbs are to change on the Ecosport.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A few people mention the lights on the forum but I find them really good, have you set the beam height on the dash correct?

I have changed bulbs on my VW to Halfords product did make some difference but on the ES I can not see a problem.

·
Registered
289 Posts
A few people mention the lights on the forum but I find them really good, have you set the beam height on the dash correct?

I have changed bulbs on my VW to Halfords product did make some difference but on the ES I can not see a problem.
No problems with lights here, I do wish Ford would introduce better LED head lights, but maybe thats a cost thing :p

·
Registered
111 Posts
No standard setting as it depends on number of passengers load in car.

I suggest you find the knob that sets the lights, on a dark night on a non lit road with no one in the car you experiment with the setting. You will know when you have it correct you will both see better but get flashed from the odd car.

In general on high beam on a dark road I am looking for the best distance with clear road lamination its not always about how far ahead you can see but a combination of how far and what you can see.

When you have a full car lower the lights a little to stop dazzling others. If you want better light still you can not do better than extra driving lights on the front that operate on full beam, a old thing from poor lighting years ago but the concept is still correct today.

Really, the ES lights are good.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts