Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an Mk1 Kuga just now but not very keen on the styling of the Mk2 Kuga as opposed to the Ecosport which looks good in the pictures.

I have had quite a few Fiestas and have liked them all but needed a car that was higher up so that is why I got a Kuga. The Kuga is a bit big for me but the Ecosport being an SUV Fiesta looks perfect and with the 1.5 TDCI engine should be cheep to run.

The only thing I am not sure about is the side opening rear door.

Does anybody Know if there will be a be a wheel drive option ?

Cheers

AndyEdited by: Andy

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums
The Kuga is a nice car but the mk2 is even bigger I believe. The EcoSport should be around the size of a Juke I think. It's hard to tell until I actually see one for real.
I know it will only be in 2 Wheel Drive (Front) initially but understand there is talk of a 4 Wheel Drive version of the EcoSport coming out in the next couple of years.
The boot is a strange one - I think it probably should have been a top hinged one and operate much like the new Kuga by waving your foot under the bumper to open it. BUT it certainly makes it unique and the spare wheel is removable (although what it leaves behind I'm not sure, must be a bracket there?).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi Andy
I'm a MK1 Kuda driver too, looking to downsize. New Kuga is nice but a lot of money for a Titanium version.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi SColl,Welcome to the forum, I'm not keen on the styling of the new Kuga and like you would rather have a smaller car than a larger car.My main concerns about the EcoSport are that it does not have a heated windscreen and from the reviews I have read the plastic surface quality is not very good. I will wait and see one before I make my decision.Cheers Andy
.Andy

·
Registered
503 Posts
The heated screen is no real loss to me anyway, I think my Kuga is of that age where it seems too much of a drain on the battery now.
The cheap interior comments are slightly offputting to me too - I had read that the Indian versions were cheaper but had hoped Ford would have increased the quality of the European product. I need to see one I think to judge for myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts