Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've just joined the forum but have a conundrum. Do I purchase the Ecosport Titanium 2015 model or wait until the 2016 is released in the UK? The issue is I have to change my present car by Sept. Just to add to the issue which engine; Ecoboost or diesel? Your thoughts and experiences as owners would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
From all the press reviews I would say wait for the updated version.
However, I think you could probably get a decent deal on the outgoing one....
Is the new one not the only choice you'll get now anyway (Other than going used?) I thought it was now officially on sale.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mech, thanks for the reply I was beginning to wonder if anyone was there lol. I test drove the pre 2013 model knowing the the spec had improved. To be honest even with the rear parking sensors I was offered a good deal. When I asked I when the new model was on sale I was informed you could order in July and recieve delivery Oct/ Nov but the optional extras will be phased in and not all available at time of order! I live in Scotland so the winter pack (heated windscreen) is the sensible choice.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Andy 808 said:
the optional extras will be phased in and not all available at time of order! I live in Scotland so the winter pack (heated windscreen) is the sensible choice.
What a joke that is!
This car has seriously not been shown any love from Ford.
I LOVE my EcoSport, but I have no idea why Ford are being so lazy with this car.

Anyway, I would personally get them to give you a really good deal on the current model. Unless you don't mind waiting 5/6 months!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome along, with those sorts of lead times it would depend how much of a rush you're in.
I would be tempted to wait, but only if you've got something to get you around in for now.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Maleko said:
Andy 808 said:
the optional extras will be phased in and not all available at time of order! I live in Scotland so the winter pack (heated windscreen) is the sensible choice.
What a joke that is!
This car has seriously not been shown any love from Ford.
I LOVE my EcoSport, but I have no idea why Ford are being so lazy with this car.

Anyway, I would personally get them to give you a really good deal on the current model. Unless you don't mind waiting 5/6 months!
I agree, they should be No.1 in the UK with this car in this segment like they are with the Fiesta and Focus. How they got this so wrong is beyond me!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Maleko, I agree. You hardly see any ES up here and apart from posts on this site and the odd comment from reviews they are not shown much love. So you would have thought Ford would put in a bit more effort. I suppose it doesn't help with the car not being built in the UK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi 155, that's my main issue ....... time I have v the new model release date. I'll ring the dealership tomorrow to see if there is any update! Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told I could order from a couple of weeks time, early June it should be on the system they told me.
Maybe they are being sneaking and trying to shift old stock instead?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fair point Tiler, hi by the way. Never got the chance to ring them today, I'll see what they say tomorrow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The ecoboost version use 125hp or 138hp?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, just wondering myself whether to wait for the new model, was told by a dealer yesterday I could order from mid July. I would really like the option of privacy glass (am I right in thinking the glass is not even tinted on the current model??) I actually like the spare wheel on the back, but am interested if the ride height is lowered by 10mm, if the handling will be improved? Especially in icy conditions? Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
I would be tempted to go for the new model, I think residuals will be better and overall should be a much improved car.
Lowering should mean body roll is reduced but I doubt it will make a difference on ice, that's more down to your tyres and driving style.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Guys,
I juzt got the Ecosport Titanium 1.5D and its engine failed in delhi rains on the 12 of July, the company denied warranty and they expect me get the engine replaced on my cost, so I jz want to beware all the newbies, gear up guys and dont expect any after sales service from these looters.
I am going legal against them for there false claims and over promising advertisements, and also there claims of the its capacity to travel in water which is baseless i believe.
so hold on tight
Abhi

1 - 20 of 23 Posts