Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, I have a Titanium S 2016 model and it came without roof rails.... I need to get a roof box for a trip away with the family but am struggling to find a supplier.

So, can anyone recommend any good websites?

Cheers J

*Edit- Sorry should mention im in the UK

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome to the forum :D

Note that you can fit the genuine roof rails/cross rails as aftermarket DIY, as they are just bolt on to existing tapped holes on the roof. Cheaper from Ebay than Vauxhall dealer.

Here is genuine roofrails/cross rails from Ebay...at £129. (just make sure you get the bolts with the kit by contacting seller first before buying).
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-F...osport&hash=item4d5546b413:g:FvkAAOSw32lYuFd7

After that, any roof box you like out of Halfords and other car parts shops will do, to be connected to the cross rails.

The advantage of roof rails is multi-purpose use, I have two bike racks on my cross rails at the moment, but could fit a roof storage box if I wanted to.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Jay, Welcome.

I think the Bars that Colin has linked above (thanks Colin) are only the cross bars to fit cars with existing roof rails. The 'S' does not have the factory fitted roof rails but as Colin says you should be able to retro fit a set with the fixings/bolts.

You will need to source a pair of roof rails from a car recycler or direct from Ford. They are quite hard to get hold of apparently!
Then the cross bars in Colin's link will fit and allow you to put your roof box on top.

Link to a discussion where a member has already sourced and retro fitted roof rails : http://www.ecosportownersclub.co.uk/forum/19-main-message-centre/3050-roof-rails.html

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sorry to contradict, but I think that Ebay seller means all parts, ie, roof rails and cross rails, as when I ordered my Zetec base trim Ecosport I had to add the roof rails as an extra factory fitted part, as they are not standard on the zetec, and cost was £150 extra for fitted roof rails, and delayed my build by a few weeks as I asked for extras (spare wheel was extra as well).

So would advise Jay to check with seller that roof rails are included, along with cross rails and bolts, as price sounds about right (for Ebay).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Colin,
Contradict away my friend!
But I would have to contra-contradict you! The seller is actually a Ford Dealer selling the Genuine Ford Crossbars.
The description says : Genuine Ford Ecosport Roof Rack/Cross Bars 1876580 Models With Roof Rails
That says to me that they are supplying crossbars only.
In fact if you put the Ford part number in to Amazon you can see it is cross bars only..... Amazon link
:)

·
Registered
289 Posts
You have a Titanium S and it came without the rails?? I will never understand Fords pricing for optional extras etc... Both my ES's came with them as standard for Titanium...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Its a crazy system if the car comes with roof rails or not.

The base trim 'Ecotec' comes without rails, but you can ask for them factory fitted which i did, though it delayed my final build date by two weeks, which was crazy, as the rails are just bolt on, which anyone with some DIY experience can do. I learned they were bolt on at a later date after I got the car.

Also the very top spec model comes without rails, Why? Its Daft.

All the others come with rails, but any new buyers should check the spec on the car, as things always change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts