#1 ·
</font>Hey guys, pleasure to meet you all.</font></font>

</font>Don't suppose anyone can help me answer an EcoSport related
conundrum?</font></font>

</font>So, I went to my dealership on the 31</font><sup>st</font></sup> of
January and ordered my Ecosport. They only had two there on the premises but
neither was for sale. One was yellow and just for show and the other was blue
but parked in a space around the back so I'm assuming it belonged to a staff
member or something. The guy helping me said they're quite “rare” (i.e.
steering away from the word ‘unpopular') and that if I was sure I wanted an
EcoSport, I'd have to order one and have it built. Yep, sounds good. Kinetic
blue please. Anyway, the guy did some sums and asked me the question – titanium
or titanium X? I've had a titanium fiesta before so I know they're usually
pretty swanky and that the only real benefit of the X is leather seats. So, I
was giving this a bit of thought as the guy wandered off to value my current
car but he said he'd bring a brochure back with him. As it happened, he ended
up forgetting and I'd forgotten he'd said. Blah blah blah.</font></font>

</font>So I picked titanium, not really willing to up my monthly
finance any more. All done and dusted, car will be built late February and with
me mid-March (with a '15 reg plate). Smashing! Off I went.</font></font>

</font>When I got home, I remembered about the brochure so I
downloaded the 27-page e-brochure from the Ford website. Now, here's my puzzle.
In the brochure, the ES spec options are Zetec and Titanium with no mention of
an X-pack. In fact full leather seats aren't mentioned either. This version oftitanium
looks fabulous- cruise control, keyless entry, button ignition and the
signature LED lamps around the headlights etc. My question is – did I order the
older, lesser Titanium or the upper, new one?</font></font>

</font>I rang the dealership to ask but I'm not entirely sure if
they understood what I meant. He just said “It was only built last week!” Lots
of articles about the ES are saying big changes are coming to it in May. I know
this is mainly about the spare wheel yay or nay and my e-brochure doesn't mention
getting rid of it as an option yet. I'm just so confused about what I'm going
to get!</font></font>

</font>Any help would be appreciated or anyone ordered and got
their “titanium” recently that could shed some light? Many, many thanks in
advance! - Lauren</font></font>

</font>

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Lauren,

I have the Titanium, and the ebroucher doesn't make any sense and contradicts a lot of what is actually offered.

With the Titanium you don't get cruise control, auto light, auto wipers, electric folding mirrors and heated windscreen.

I also came from a titanium fiesta and the ES is actually lower spec in regards to the Fiesta.

You DO get the signature lights which are the side lights.

Even with the X pack you don't get much more really.

Despite all that I am REALLY happy with it, even my wife is.

Yes they are 'rare', haha, Ford seem to have messed up the marketing and specs with this car.
I do find it nice having a 'rare' car on the road!

#3 ·
Hi LaurenI have the Titanium with xpack. The brochure I downloaded show the wheels are the same as thexpack wheels and it comes with partial leather seats whereas my xpack was full leather. The photo of the dashboard show audio and cruise control on the steering wheel the same as mine. The only differences I can see are the leather seats, the rear parking sensors being an extra and it appears that the handbrake is nearer the drivers seatHere is a link to the ebrochure:http://www.ford.co.uk/SBE/Brochures/BrochuresandPricelistsHope this helps

#4 ·
Thanks you guys! I guess I'll just have to wait and see. It gets delivered to the dealership some time in the coming week so I'll have a firm answer soon. I'll post pictures when I get my hands on it just incase any one else has beenbamboozled by that e-brochure

#7 ·
Hi Lauren, if you contact your dealer they should be able to give the VIN - vehicle identification number. That will allow you to see the actual build date and full specs of the car on ETIS. If the dealer has mislead you about the car you're getting, it might be an opportunity for a bit of renegotiation...

Unless something significant has changed, the ES is built in India (Chennai) and is then shipped to Germany (Cologne) for 'Europeanisation' and QC. When we bought ours (one of the first in UK) the dealer quoted us about 3 months from factory to delivery! I would therefore suspect that the car built in late February may not be the same car delivered in mid-March!!

The original Titanium ES has now been rebranded as the Zetec, with some slight equipment tweaks and the original Titanium X is now called the Titanium... Confused? Tell me about it...

Comparing the ES to the Fiesta specs, the main thing to bear in mind is no heated front windscreen. The 'signature' LEDs are actually parking / side lights and the daytime lights are actually within the front fog lamps.

Although off to a very slow start, we have very recently seen a few EcoSports on the road (actually we've seen more in the past two weeks than we have in the past year!!). They may be rare (ie not common) but I'm sure you'll love your car as much as the rest of us on here do our cars! Kinetic blue looks awesome (not that we're biased)!

#8 ·
If you only ordered on the 31st January I cannot imagine it would have been built within a week. Whilst they are not that popular here they are in India and I understood there was still a long (4 month+) wait.
They might have got you an existing cancelled order or a dealer order maybe?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.