Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've had my 1.5 TDCI for 1 week now and love it.. One thing I would like is to do add an 8 inch touch screen to replace the little LCD thats fitted..

I've seen loads on YouTube but they're all in India.. can anyone recommend a UK supplier?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the form

I have been thinking exactly the same thing.

It would be interesting to see if there's anyone that's done it here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes fully compatible with ford Sync but i prefer to use apple play app , just installed tomtomGo on it as Im not over keen on the Igo8 it comes with

·
Registered
880 Posts
WoW, your a brave man to rip the dash out of a new car, like that. Well done ;)

The last time I did something like that was on my split new MK1 Celica ST decades ago, and fitted one of the first cartridge tilt up sunroofs that I could buy by post, and in fact as there was no sunroof installers around at the time, I cut the roof out using the cardboard template, and gunged in black gas turbine sealer round the perimeter of the sunroof and screwed it down.

It was dry as a bone for the six years I owned it :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WoW, your a brave man to rip the dash out of a new car, like that. Well done ;)

The last time I did something like that was on my split new MK1 Celica ST decades ago, and fitted one of the first cartridge tilt up sunroofs that I could buy by post, and in fact as there was no sunroof installers around at the time, I cut the roof out using the cardboard template, and gunged in black gas turbine sealer round the perimeter of the sunroof and screwed it down.

It was dry as a bone for the six years I owned it :)
It was actually very straight forward.. only awkward part was tapping into the reverse light to power the rear view camera.. accidentally cut into the brake light lol

Easy mistake to make when you have no idea :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts