Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Nice to meet you all.

My first visit here and so glad I stumbled across this forum, because I'm in a bit of a dilemma and would be grateful for some advise please?

I bought my black Ecosport Titanium 18 mths ago and just about to buy another, but having read through the threads on the forum, notice that they have made changes to the 2016 model and its now lower?

Has anyone seen the new model 'in the flesh' so to speak....and is it much lower? because one of things that I loved about the Ecosport was the fact that it was higher drive than a regular car....(if that makes sense).

Any advise would be great

Thanks
PJ

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi PjayD Yes new one on order drove pre dropped modal you can not really notice the 20mm drop it still sits high. One thing the 2016 car is far better finished off you will notice that, not sure how the ride will be but the old modal car we tested for a number of hours was good so new one can only be better.

I think some SUV manufacturers miss the opportunity of offering a slammed to the ground sports option some want that and a high riding rugged off road SUV, they tick that important box in there design.
I had a VW Tigun Escape modal, a little under body protection and some electronic gizmo but looked the same as its "road version" missed the point really!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bobtail and Maleko

Thanks for your replies and its good to know that the drop is hardly noticeable to the look of the eco or the drive......

As there are a couple of other points which I'd be grateful for some advise and opinions on too please, so I'll start a new thread

PJ

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all,
I am somewhat confused, have they dropped the ride height twice now? Was under the understanding my 2015 model was 10mm lower than the 2014 version, is the 2016 model lower still? I certainly feel to be "riding high" anyhow, even compared to the Mokka and Qashqui. Still loving my car, 4300 miles of comfort and fun in 3 months, no snow yet though!

·
Registered
111 Posts
No I probably keyed it wrong, the change came in later in 2015 slight drop in ride height together with a few other changes to improve the drive, they still sit high, hard to see the difference in the Ford show room.
Later this year an S version with an engine upgrade 140PS in line with the Red and Black edition Fiesta is due, not sure what more will be done with the suspension when that arrives (might drop that a bit more?) but the roof rails are not there a more sporty look its claimed!.

Snowed yesterday further north, borders roads blocked for a while, more due tomorrow and next week, just in time for the arrival of my ES I hope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts