Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all , just come across this site and thought i would join you all , i have owned a 1.5 zetec ecosport for just under a year and i have enjoyed it immensely having traded a ford ranger in to downsize , But this morning the car wouldn't start and had in the information display ABS malfunction service now , i was wondering if anybody else has come across this ? i will be taking it to the dealers tomorrow to be sorted that's if i can start it tomorrow lol :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi guys and thanks for the welcome , i took it to the main dealer i got it from and explained what was happening to it and they had a guy check it out , he tell's me that the rear passenger light was left on [soddin kids] and that has killed the battery which in turn didn't have enough power for the ecu to relay any information and so the dreaded ABS malfunction pop up ! so after a 12hr charge of the battery and a 20 mile drive all is well again , i was embarrassed to say the least but apparently the second person this week to call in with the complaint . so many sensors so many potential problems ... lol pity they don't come with a starting handle in case of flat battery.

thanks for the link stunts , atvb

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys , I've been reading through the posts , so much my eyes are stinging .... arrggghh !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie with cruise control issue(or not)

Morning Everybody

Came accross this site so thought I would join. Just bought myself a Titanium S. Really pleased with it so far, used to have a Fiesta Zetec 82ps, bit underpowered but used to get about 42mpg avg. The ecosport (which is only 3 weeks old) has oodles more power and returning 40.5mpg avg. One little niggle(may be the operator). Went too use the cruise control, pressed the on button, nothing appear in dial housing and nothing seemed to work. Pressed the set button cruise light came on and it worked. This is different from our Focus, When you press on the cruise button the light comes on in the cluster and then set your speed. Can you tell me what other people are getting when they use the cruise control. I will phone Fords to get it sorted but really don't want to look like a muppet if this is the way it works.

Thanks from another newbie.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Pressed the set button cruise light came on and it worked. This is different from our Focus, When you press on the cruise button the light comes on in the cluster and then set your speed. Can you tell me what other people are getting when they use the cruise control. Thanks from another newbie.
Hi butler13. I have a Titanium S and that is exactly how mine works. You need to press the ON button first to enable Cruise Control. As you say this does not light anything up on the instrument cluster and does not engage Cruise Control. Then when you set the Cruise Control the Green light on the instrument cluster comes on and Cruise is set until you touch the brake / clutch or press the OFF button. You can obviously adjust the speed up and down using the steering wheel control.
:)

PS - Welcome, and what colour S / options have you got?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi StuntS

Thanks for that.......won't go to Fords now then as this seems to be they way it works.

Long story - Ended up with the Smoke Grey, Sat nav, Rear Camera, Parking Sensors and Winter pack. Have to say it drives really well and I love the sound the engine makes when pushing on through the gears.

·
Registered
84 Posts
No problem.

My wife wanted the smoke grey but I wasn't sure so we ended up with white as we couldn't agree on first choice colour but we both had white as a second choice!

I have seen a grey S at the dealer since and it does look good with the black roof and wheels. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi and welcome all, some interesting info more so dead battery problem.

I never use cruise control on any car like driving them glad you sorted it all out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi all , a quick update ,so after 14 months i finally replaced the battery , i bought a higher speck one [duracell] with a higher amp output for that initial turn of the key and because i have a trailer, cost me just short of £80 from Europarts and was a bit fiddly to fit but all is well now , apparently the old one had a dead cell ? .... dont ask !

·
Registered
179 Posts
hi all , a quick update ,so after 14 months i finally replaced the battery , i bought a higher speck one [duracell] with a higher amp output for that initial turn of the key and because i have a trailer, cost me just short of £80 from Europarts and was a bit fiddly to fit but all is well now , apparently the old one had a dead cell ? .... dont ask !
Oh well at least you are sorted. Fingers crossed you don't have any further issues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts