Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Most of us just use our roof rails with cross mounts and some bike rack fittings, I have two bikes on my roof when going on holiday. If you do not have roof rails on your car as a factory fitted item, then you can buy them and bolt them on DIY style.

You did not say if you have a spare wheel on the back or not.

Another member on here asked for a rear bike rack on an Ecosport without spare wheel and we came up with this one from Germany, its expensive at £300 for two bike carrying only, but could not find any other company in the UK, that deal with the Ecosport.

See....http://www.ecosportownersclub.co.uk...05-bike-rack-2016-ecosport-no-back-wheel.html

I think with 3 bikes it would require a generic type fitting over the spare wheel minus the cover (if you have that) to take the extra load, why not try Halfords and see what they can come up with.

Another option to take load of 3 bikes, would be a towbar and ball fitting. A rather expensive method.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Niki
I am a member of what used to be the civil service motoring association (CMSA) there is a article on bike racks/ carriers in the latest (July / August ) issue.
The web address is Boundless.co.uk. I haven't look at the web site so not sure if you if the info is on there but if you want any info contact me and I'll try to send you an image ( not sure how upload images to forum)
There is one that is designed for 4x4 with wheel mounted back doors (Raleigh.co.uk)
Peterw

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry you need to be a member to access the boundless web site opps!
If anyone want the info please contact me and I'll try to copy it to you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts