1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Bought my 2019 EcoSport ST Line a few weeks back & just LOVIN IT !!! :D
Called him Muppet

Very comfortable drive & thought I may struggle for space in the back but as yet NO
Cant wait to get out on the road Brrrmm

Only little thing that niggles me is the central locking which after opening the drivers door all the other doors are still locked, which is better for security but I keep forgetting to unlock before exciting so have to re-open the drivers door or use unlock on key :( but i'm sure I get the hang of it ;)

Anyway just wanted to say Hi :D

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi and welcome :D

You have the car set up as a 'double locking' system, for unlocking and locking: one press for drivers door, a second press for all doors.

This will also lock the car from inside when locking, so if a thief breaks the window, the doors cannot be opened from the inside, and they have to crawl in the window LOL.

You can if you wish on your car, re- programming the door locking to 'one press for all doors' unlocked, you will have to consult your handbook or this manual to see how to re-program, see doors and locks section below.Or go back to the dealer to get him to re-program it.

WARNING....
Note a word of warning on the ecosport locking..If you unlock and forget to open a door, it will relock automatically 45 seconds later. from a security point of view that's good. BUT...it is possible for the tailgate door to be opened and if you leave your keys lying there in the boot and close the door, it can lock on you with this system, and you are landed with a locked car with the keys inside, so beware of this possible problem with the tailgate door.

ON-LINE MANUAL....see doors and locks
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...d=4482&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

·
Registered
857 Posts
On another subject of locking, you may have your car set up for autolocking, which is once you are above 10 MPH the door solinoids lock with a thud, and your locked in on the move...i personally hate that.

Mine was set up for no auto locking, as I hate the idea of being in a crash and no-one can open the doors from the outside to save you. It does state in the manual that if you crash, then the airbags system goes off in an accident and the doors automatically unlock..Well as my life depends on it, I do not trust this system one bit, as the doors might possibly not unlock.

The reason for autolocking is to prevent a nasty person getting into a stationary car at the traffic lights in the city or town as the doors are locked, but I just do not trust it. I live and drive mostly in the country and do not go to major cities, so my only attackers are pheasants and sheep :D.

You can instead, not use autolocking, but can lock the whole car manually from inside the car at any time with the cabin buttons. Anyway its up to you what you prefer. Autolocking or not.

its a marmite thing, like it or not >:)

·
Registered
857 Posts
WARNING....
Note a word of warning on the ecosport locking..If you unlock and forget to open a door, it will relock automatically 45 seconds later. from a security point of view that's good. BUT...it is possible for the tailgate door to be opened and if you leave your keys lying there in the boot and close the door, it can lock on you with this system, and you are landed with a locked car with the keys inside, so beware of this possible problem with the tailgate door.
just had a Private Message on the above statement, due to confusion on this rare occurrence :D

To clarify, all side doors including the tailgate door will relock in 45 seconds if you press the open button with remote fob, and if you do not open a door and walk away, it will re-lock all doors for security.

It is possible for some obscure reason in the electronics that you could lock your fob in the boot, as the system sometimes does not see the tailgate door as being opened. It is definitely a design fault in the electrics. This is a rare situation and a few owners on here have mentioned locking their keys in the boot, and having to get the spare key, or get the AA or RAC out to break-in to the car gently to retrieve keys.

So moral is .......do not ever leave the keys alone in the boot,
I would also add the same goes for the cabin as well >:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts