Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this noise when reversing? I have looked through the posts on here but can't find anything.

Hubby was quite concerned with the noise as he was outside, it didn't seem so noticeable in the car although I did hear something but didn't think much of it.

I'm not sure if it happens every time, I'll have to start putting my window down I suppose and making a point of listening out for it I suppose.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Has anyone else had this noise when reversing? I have looked through the posts on here but can't find anything.

Hubby was quite concerned with the noise as he was outside, it didn't seem so noticeable in the car although I did hear something but didn't think much of it.

I'm not sure if it happens every time, I'll have to start putting my window down I suppose and making a point of listening out for it I suppose.

Not uncommon to hear that depends how fast you where going back?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not a high speed whine, it's exactly like one I found on YouTube but I think that was a Ford Fusion it was happening to. I have no idea how to post links on here to give you a better idea though, sorry.

It happened slow speed reversing to park.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's not a high speed whine, it's exactly like one I found on YouTube but I think that was a Ford Fusion it was happening to. I have no idea how to post links on here to give you a better idea though, sorry.

It happened slow speed reversing to park.
Its not something stuck in the brakes perhaps? is it happening as you have the wheels on lock in reverse?. Trip to the dealer might be on its way?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas bobtail, I think I'll keep the window open in the morning and see if it happens again and if it makes any difference full lock. Might well call the dealers soon I think.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just to let you know this whining noise is still happening in reverse and is louder when reversing up hill.

I have booked it into the dealer's Wednesday.I will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well they think it's the clutch so I have had to give them permission to take it apart to investigate. If it's a failed part then it might be covered by warranty. If not the bill is mine as the clutch isn't covered by warranty, for a car that's only 21 months old and 11,500 miles!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts