Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone confirm whether my new ecosport should have this. When driving around today it doesn’t seem to have it?

·
Registered
880 Posts
All Ecosports should have this facility if a 2016 model or newer.

Mine is a 2016 and holds on the hill for a maximum of 2 seconds, before it rolls back.
That is plenty of time to transfer foot from brake to accelerator pedal.
Hence no need for handbrake on hill start.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve deffo not got it working on mine. Tried it loads a times today. Not holding atall. I’ll look at book to see whether I can turn it on in settings or something

·
Registered
880 Posts
Interesting, I never knew you could turn it on and off in settings.

You would think being a safety device, it would always be there for you.

We live and learn :D

PS...I remember reading an article on towing a caravan with a car having hill assist (any car make), and it is possible to cause the car and caravan combination to stutter on hill starts. So maybe that's why it can be turned off on the Ecosport. [Only guessing]

·
Registered
1 Posts
We’ve also got issues with out ST line 2018 model hill start assist turning off intermittently it is back in the dealership for the third time and they cannot find a fault. When it first happened we also had no idea you could turn it off in settings so they turned it on and rang us up to collect and explained that was why it wasn’t working so we went to the car and went into settings before we even left and it had tirned itself off again. Please keep an eye on it Colin and let’s hope they can find out the cause.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Welcome to the forum Wayne. It sounds like a software problem if its turning itself off.

If it happens again I would take it further, even an email to Vauxhall headquarters (customer services), if the local dealership cannot sort it, and say that its a safety issue as you cannot trust it to work, and needs fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seems like Ford have now recognized the problem

Nov 1 2018 7300 - EcoSport - Hill Start Assist deactivates by itself

Some EcoSport vehicles equipped with the Hill Start Assist feature may have the feature disabled by itself during the vehicle start. To solve this condition reprogramm/reconfigure the ABS module. Please use Symptom Based Diagnostic (SBD)procedure for guidance to resolution. Symptom hierarchy is e.g. Driver aids and information -> Hill start assist -> Inoperative. Please follow the standard warranty procedure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts