Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Query, can’t find anything in manual relating to this. Come to a stop, engine running and we open doors, when the driver gets out the horn sounds twice. How does this happen and why does this happen. I think the lights were on auto. Any help please.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi Noz, and welcome to the forum :)

Seems other Fords have been doing this, its to do with your keys, and is built in to the programming and not a fault.....Glad I do not have this facility on my 2016 Ecosport. cars just get more complicated every year.

Quote....
The double beep is a new "feature" that Ford is rolling across the line. It's in advance of a FMVSS regulation
(USA regulation) that is going to require the honk on every car when the key leaves the car while it's still running.

Quote...
The horn will beep twice if one or both intelligent keys are inside the car and the car is started and running and then one person with one of the intelligent keys in their pocket steps out of the vehicle, even though the car is started and there is still an intelligent key still inside the vehicle? I'm sure it must be a common occurrence and some sort of a warning by beeping the horn twice.

Link....
https://www.fordflex.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9945

·
Registered
278 Posts
NOZ is your car an auto box. I have posted about the parcel shelf and how this old fool invariably forgets to lower it before driving off. Then I stop and as my Wife is a driver I leave the engine running just to nip around and shut the flipping parcel shelf down .OF COURSE as you know I get the embarrassment of joe public wanting to know why I am blatting my horn.
Another one and I suppose it is a plus point. If I stop switch of the engine and get out without putting it in park of course Mr Ford lets me know. These warnings are all very well but it just reminds me everytime that my brain is going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Warning gadgets.

Thanks for the replies, I did notice it does not happen all the time.
Yes freddyford I constantly leave the parcel shelf up. Not auto.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have never trusted these keyless systems where you walk away and the doors are supposed to be locked, just give me a pushbutton keyfob every time, and I will lock the doors :)

Only once where I had to use my Sisters Toyota Aventis which had keyless, and when I left the car parked, I put the keyless unit on the ground about 80 feet from the car and walked back to check that the doors were actually locked, then returned to the unit, picked it up, and walked away :laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts