Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm from the UK and thought it a good idea to join the club... being an owner and all that :D

Here's a little info about my Ecosport:

I own a Titanium petrol 125ps Ecoboost in smoke grey. It's fitted with a bike rack, has privacy glass, 17" alloys, parking sensors, a/c etc (can't remember what was optional).

It's just had it's first service (bought new in May 2016) - all green on the service... phew.

It's had a few hiccups but all sorted efficiently and under warranty - (1) In it's first month the gearing had to be sorted, it was missing something which caused issues changing into second. (2) Over winter the alloys corroded, which was a surprise, these were all replaced this week under warranty. (3) The front badge has also corroded, this is getting replaced free.

Apart from those issues we've had no other problems and we are happy with our car... (an upgrade from a B-Max) :D

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome buddy!

I'm waiting for my black Zetec to be delivered to my local dealer next week.

Which bike rack did you get? It's something I need to get after delivery!

Nice car matey!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome buddy!

I'm waiting for my black Zetec to be delivered to my local dealer next week.

Which bike rack did you get? It's something I need to get after delivery!

Nice car matey!
Thank you!

I have a Thule FreeRide 532 with three bike rails on it... I believe there is an updated version of this now.

It takes 3 adult mountain-bikes with no issues... just wished I was a little bit taller, even standing on a stool :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lol! I'm 6ft 2 so hopefully won't be an issue for me lol! I only probably need a single one for now, my wife doesn't like riding with me because I ride too fast and my little one is only 6months old lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do you have the standard ford cross bars btw? Do you ever get worried that they are easy to remove by anyone especially if your bikes are on top?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome along, wheel corrosion is actually a common issue here so you're not alone. Glad it's all sorted though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts