Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, (as you know waiting on dashboard) now a new fault! The paint work over rear driver side wheel arch has developed a "shadow" a darker hew has appeared? So taken photos and sent to dealership's service manager,whom on inspection thinks it's a "lacquer problem!" Why are these brand new vehicles getting to customers, who checks the checkers? Quality control? .
The dealership assure me that it will be put right (along with the dashboard) but when buying new you expect "trouble free motoring for a few years"

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ours is actually our SECOND EcoSport. The first one, which we initially ordered failed QC in Cologne and was returned to the factory! Apparently there were major problems with the brakes...

Ford really need to up their game with the ES. We have very minor blemishes under the lacquer on two doors and the front bumper. They're not obvious (my wife can still only find the blemish on the back NS door as I've shown her where it is), but as an obsessive car cleaner I know they're there! The dealer offered to respray the panels but I'm concerned that a poor colour match will annoy me far more than the current minor marks...

We both love our EcoSport. It's a lovely car and ideal for our needs and lifestyle. With the exception of the Renault Captur, there is no other viable alternative for us! Poor plastics, equipment (heated windscreen) and poor quality control really let down the car.

I hope you get your car sorted quickly and that your experiences don't prevent you enjoying your car!Edited by: xn85

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your support and thoughts,like you, it's a car I adore, it's admired and turns heads in leafy suffolk,once my faults are ironed out I'll enjoy it more, I've had a new ford for my past three cars from the same dealership-so I hope customer care and loyality prevails.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I can't help thinking and I don't mean offence by this but I suspect a lot of it is to do with it being built in India. It isn't a country you associate with high quality.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good news guys
The ES is at the dealership being "re-dashed", and I've been given a Citroen DS3sport for a few days, drinks more than "Oliver reed, as bumpy as a dc10 flying through a thypoon,faster than fast,and it's new -and falling apart!"
Oh and you sit so low you think your in a sinclair C5! So please those mechanic's hurry up.

Edited by: Mitch

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ecosporters,
Good news my car has been repaired-new dashboard fitted, and re-spray on wheel arch- everything is rosy again- the dealership (to be honest) have been fantastic, my car was washed,polished and full of fuel on collection (mind you it has been a five month wait to get my new car new again!) happy Easter guys💤💤

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nice one Mitch, glad you're all sorted and happy! I honestly thought a dash swap would be difficult for them to do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Which plant build the ecosport for UK? India or Thai?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
I got my Ecosport titanium diesel in Feb 2015 this piece of sh*t gave trouble since the beginning, after a week of buying the car I noticed a strange while turning left when asked by the ford engineer he said it was because of the balance of the car but later on when it increased they changed the right shocker in warranty, i got my headlight replaced as moisture entered it which should be the case with a new car, and finally in july when I cruising in the rains near Dwarka area the vehicle stopped, I waited for 3 hours and finally towed the car to a Ford workshop in dwarka the next day they tell me that water entered the engine and the engine needs to be replace and this they said would not be covered under warranty.
I totally lost it then and had a heated argument with GM of the dealership at Ford Dwarka but the max they could do was offer 50% of the total cost. I spoke with customer relations and they could only throw the oser manual on my face but no help.
I have instructed the dealership to keep the car with them and now seeking remedy under India laws.
I think I am the most unlucky ford owner ever :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts