Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
For Europe there will be a plan to take off the spare tire of the rear door. A 4 x 4 like in Brazil is on the list as well I assume. Also some material improvements are discussed. I cannt exclude a production in Europe, for example in Craiova, Romania. As far as I know that plant still has free capacities. But therefor the ES should reach a sufficient amount of sales in Europe.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yea, I mentioned rust due to the Ranger which is on sea for about 8 to 10 weeks. They arrive at Bremerhafen and they all got be be reworked to to the salty air during shipping. Therefor it will be the same with the ES. This small SUV is ever longer on the ship as the Ranger. Just take a close look at the underbody. If the undercoating is OK then you are ok.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Surely cars transported by sea in those huge windowless car 'container' ships are safe from rust? There are thousands of cars of all makes on the dockside at Southampton which are shipped in and out to and from all over the world.
Can anyone tell me if the Ecosport is shipped to the UK direct from Chennai, India? Or does it go elsewhere first in Europe. And is it really a two-month voyage?
I'm often sailing in the Solent and get passed by these huge car carriers – some from Korea. Would love to see a photo of Ecosports being loaded aboard in India!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Increasing the spec of Titanium so that it at least matches the same as found in the Focus / Fiesta etc.
SoQuickclear windscreen, privacy glass, better leather seats, heated mirrors etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts