Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Registered
Not much chance of that problem with my old Ecosport (2016) model, it's got about as many gadgets as a old Cortina 馃槵

Registered
With some of the modern drivers it doesn't take much to get their attention to wander. One of my favourites was the old fashioned equivalent to these boxes with the ear plugs. How can you concentrate with allsorts going into your brain and how can you hear such as ambulances, fire engines and police cars.
I think I have mentioned it before: when Volvo came up with advertising about their super safe cars. The accident rate went up because idiot motorists took it as some form of safety device that compensated for their incompetence.

Registered
People get harmed by other people more often than by tech stuff. There are even organizations like aaappp made to protect people from who they should be protected by in the first place. All these new techs and gadgets will be further developed anyway, but who will deal with drunk drivers?

Registered
Red Rag to a Bull, drunk drivers.
The problem in my experience is the courts. Three times caught, fourth time told the Court he would lose his job etc 拢500 fine licenced endorsed yet agian off he went rejoicing. Had it been a hard working stressed out father ( not an excuse ) but shows the inequality of it all. Hefty fine lose licence tough about the job etc.
I was fortunate in that a very senior High Court Judge became a friend. I used to chat to him about allsorts, His Wife was a JP and he called them cotton wool fairies.
I personally think a drink driver ought to attend Road Traffic Accidents caused by drink, perhaps it MIGHT a least make them thinlk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts