Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 68 plate ecosport STLine auto. When I turn the engine on and the central display over the gearstick lights up, it will often show the time as current time plus one hour. Then, when I have made a journey, turned the engine on/off, the display will show the correct time. On other occasions, the correct time shows when I first turn the engine on, but later on, the display has gained an hour. I have tried updating manually, turning off automatic time but the fault still exists. I did wonder if it is a low battery but this has been going on for about six months, before I started using the heater etc. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum, Annie :D

Most car clocks are now integral to the cars computer to keep time, instead of being a separate item. Years ago like on my Ford Capri, the time clock packed in, and I just pulled it out the centre console and replaced with another, that was simple days.

I guess the following is the problem as it is quite a common problem now with car clocks tied into car computers to keep time, and its cold weather affecting the car battery that is the culprit........I bet during cold weather the clock time screws up, it happens on my Wife's Smart car, it is at a different time (ie, wrong time) each day the car gets started up in Winter, yet, in warm weather its fine, weird!, and its all to do with the computer acting up due to the drain on the battery during the night in cold winter weather. For some reason a lower charged battery can screw up electronic functions. In the Smart car all sorts of strange displays happen when a battery is at end of life. With stop start batteries, they do not last that long if you use start stop all the time. 3 to 5 years instead of 5 to 7 years or more. I never use start stop.

Maybe your battery is low charging. Can you charge it during the night in your garage with a battery charger. Could be the battery is nearly finished, and needing a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts