Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm a new owner of a 2015 1ltr ecosport titanium. I love the car and have not had any issues apart from my dealer having to change the wiper arms as they were badly corroded but should my radiator fan be on pretty much most of the time. I expect it to come on when I've been driving for a while but almost as soon as I start the engine it's coming on within about 5 minutes. All temp gauges read normal. Is this a ford trait or a problem.
Would appreciate any input.
Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
The question has been asked. Is your air con switched on? Is it in automatic mode. Our Honda Jazz, had auto air con and the fan would switch on and off very frequently. If your air con is not switched on then the sensor in the cooling system could be to sensitive However the air con fan on the condensor is the likely suspect and as such perfectly normal.
I have to admit to not hearing the fans on the Ecosport but then I can't hear the engine either.
I was a great advocate of Honda, being well built and reliable BUT after 2000 miles and 4 months I have to say that the Ford is giving the Honda a run for it's money. I also completed a 150 mile trip last Thursday, could not have even thought about it in the Jazz but I came home feeling quite unfazed APART from a flaming puncture. I have noticed the Ecosport is much easier to drive.

·
Registered
853 Posts
H Freddyford. I have manual air conditioning in my basic trim ecosport, by turn cold up and down to suit manually, and it just runs without cabin control, and had recirc switch, so pretty straight forward. By opening a window it does not affect it.

Whereas you will have climate air conditioning, it should have recirc switch , and that it has a cabin sensor to control your cabin desired temperature setting, so it will hunt on and off to your desired cabin temperature, so you get right hot and cold mix to reach cabin temperature. By opening a window will affect climate control, and it will just keep running as it will not reach cabin temperature, as cabin is no longer sealed.

If your climate control is not hunting on and off to keep to desired cabin temperature, then culprit will likely be cabin sensor.

PS...My wife's smart car (Fortwo) has climate control, and I hate it hunting on and off, and I put a window down a bit (2 inches, 50mm), and it no longer hunts and remains on all the time, as it cannot reach desired cabin temperature.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
278 Posts
air con

All our cars with the exception of the previous Honda and this Ford had manual air con. It took some getting used to the Honda auto air con. I have to say it was very good and by doing what it seems is correct with the auto air con, that is leaving it running all the time, in nearly 4 yrs I dein't need a recharge of the refrigerant. It appears the 'experts' say that in not using the air con regularly there is a leakage around the seals on the compressor which is avoided by it running all the time. The Ecosport I have to say the jury is out, it does seem to have a problem with keeping an even temperature in the car. With the advent of winter it might be a case of putting it into manual control.
BUT like all matters motoring it's horses for courses, or you pays yer money and takes yer choice.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I agree if you do not use it, you lose it.

Up here is Scotland with lack of really hot days, I have the bad habit of not using it, and as you say the seals go and the gas goes with it, and requires a re-gas at around £50 from a local garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts