Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 EcoSport, which I had from new.

Since I first got it, when it rains, on the 'upstroke' of the wipers, the water is removed and the windscreen is clear to see through but on the way back down, it 'blurs' the glass.

This is an issue, as most of the time (i.e. during low amounts of rain), it's down more than it is up.

It's a little bit dangerous.

Any idea what could be causing it?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Two possible reasons,

1..you just need new wiper blades as the blades are worn
best to get original FORD blades, and not cheap ones somewhere, or you get squeaking due too hard a rubber.

2..More unusual, is the spring on the wiper arm is not giving enough pressure on the window. You can feel if it is not spring returning correctly. Had one spring break on a previous Ford, a long time ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two possible reasons,

1..you just need new wiper blades as the blades are worn
best to get original FORD blades, and not cheap ones somewhere, or you get squeaking due too hard a rubber.

2..More unusual, is the spring on the wiper arm is not giving enough pressure on the window. You can feel if it is not spring returning correctly. Had one spring break on a previous Ford, a long time ago.
As I said, it's had the same issue since 2019, when I bought it new from a Ford dealership.

I'll check the spring when I'm back at the car later 😊

·
Registered
975 Posts
Maybe your windscreen is gummed up with tree sap where you park, or something like that is contaminating the glass surface.

A solution for that is anti-smear liquid you spray on the windscreen, for example Rain-X, you could try a product like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. If the wiper is clean in the up and not effective on the down then the wiper arm needs to be twisted. The wiper arm can be twisted with a pair of pliers. Put paper, rubber or cloth around the wiper arm so that it will not get damaged

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. If the wiper is clean in the up and not effective on the down then the wiper arm needs to be twisted. The wiper arm can be twisted with a pair of pliers. Put paper, rubber or cloth around the wiper arm so that it will not get damaged
You have to twist it just a little bit at a time. If it does not improve, twist it in the opposite direction

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.