Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very quite on this website at present.

Either everyone has their EcoSport working fine, or we have very few members :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Colin I am very pleased to say I am enjoying my ES very much. In fact you may be surprised I am not looking forward to the new one when it comes to upgrade in a few years as I like this shape and dashboard. Glad I did my own road test and took no notice of magazine/online reviews as they were/are very negative about it. OK maybe the first model didn't handle well they say but I have the latest that has had the mods and I can't find any fault with it. As to what they say are the competition, I'm not into all those flowing curves. So anyway I keep on hoping in here to see what's going on but have to say again I,m enjoying my ES :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suppose as most of us have new-ish Ecosports, there is not that much wrong with them to write about ....(yet) :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
I check in most days, but year, very quiet, and like you said, no problems with mine.

Although, an annoying squeaky clutch pedal! Going to mention it when it has it's first service in Dec/Jan.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I remember years ago Fords had cabled clutches with automatic ratchet adjustment taking up the wearable lack with ratchet teeth, and if the clutch ratchet was between teeth positions, it used to make horrible noises for a month or two till it moved tooth position. Had that on both my Cortina and Capri.

Not sure now how its done on the Ecosport nowadays, or even if it is its a hydraulic line instead of cable.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I hope that the launch of the new model will bring in lots of new members. I can see it appealing to lots more and Ford are certainly pushing it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the price of the Ecosport is more competitive, and you get more SUV for your money.

Sounding like a sales guy there :D

That's why I bought mine, as even the basic trim spec is good (which I went for).
Though Ford were a bit miserable not having roof rails on the base model, but I added it as an extra.
As well as the spare tyre, which was another cost extra. But still, the overall cost was reasonable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well had her now for over three months and 15000 miles and all I can say is how pleased with my ES I am. Never been used every day as here in London I use my travel pass a lot for the small local shopping and stuff, also rather leave it alone as the council go a bit crazy with the salt at the moment and if you drive a lot you risk a cash cow parking or traffic violation and I have never ever paid the so called congestion charge to go into central London, even given the fact that I am a true 'cockney' born at Guys at London bridge there no need to go back as I have no family there now. Back to the ES when I do use it I 'love' it, have a week knee and had a bit of trouble getting down into the Fiesta but the ES is super to get in and out off. Every few weeks she gets a good clean at Tesco's to keep her looking good. Looking forward to the spring and summer roads. That's all for now

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pleased with my 2016, however, the 1.0 ecoboost engines are not reliable, theres a Facebook group dedicated to these engines which overheat and blow the head gasket, seems to affect 2012-2014 engines so fingers crossed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts