Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2015 Titanium Smoke Grey 1.0 eco winter pack r/park no spare.

Changing the wife's Fiesta auto, no auto Eco Sport in the UK until about April then only with the 1.5 motor. Motor is on way from Belgium holding pen hope this side of Christmas.:D

Test drove the 2014 1.0 eco, like the high seating rough road bad weather feel good factor like previous SUV's also little more interior space than the Fiesta.

The 2015 motor in the show room was a lot better built, better dash, seats and if the reviews are correct the ride, if anyway near the Fiesta two year fault free 6000 miles happy days, only ford with no hill hold! pity, I am sure the Eco will catch on and grow in the UK.

·
Registered
40 Posts
At last, a fellow fan of the smoke grey! welcome. I still think its the best colour, but have seen hardly any on the road. Have to say there are a lot more ecosports about just recently, about time too! Still loving mine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is on order??

Yes Cowgirl145 I think the ES looks great in a dark colour others such as the Fiesta in a bright colours but that's opinion.

Since we placed the order some two weeks ago not seen a one on the road still rare in the UK. Been looking at listings of cars due next few years, lots of SUV's in Europe so the ES will have some opposition can only help develop the car to compete. Love a AWD Auto!.

Called into the dealer to see if any news to the car's arrival as before Christmas was and still is an option, order confirmed with Ford central as 2nd January but it will be registered December to get the deal. Figures crossed, camera ready, few person updates located, cant wait and its the other half's car!!! :confused: LOL

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Santa did not deliver the ES hmmm, looks like it will be the new year.

Anyone tried the 500mm wading depth of the ES with all the floods today? Some photos would be good.

·
Registered
503 Posts
All the advice from the Environment agency is to not even attempt to drive through floods, it might be ok with the depth but no idea how it will handle a current.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
True but it might not be moving!!!, Confidence you can at least get home if the roads flooded when the air intake is well up out of the way.:eek:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still no sign of ES but the log books arrived so perhaps very soon?.

Though I would share s few pics of the new Lada and a trick ES not miles apart!!!!!

Since no photo's of the ES testing the wading depth have been posted I also posted one showing what 500mm wading depth might look like.
I would think twice before running this deep, perhaps in the Lada with the snorkel. LOL.

Happy new year Forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Love the look of the Storm concept :p

Nice idea that the car may have the ability to wade in 550mm of water, but not sure how good it would be with not being AWD...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes a nice truck think it would sell in Europe, fog lights on the v dub alltrack full of water from flooded roads last few weeks that bit extra height off the ground makes all the difference.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its here picked it up a few hours ago. First impression the grey looks fantastic, the heated seats are great -4 deg outside now so welcome, radio better then the Fiesta, the car quiet as a mouse with the extra sound deadening, HFS awful in the dark with lights hitting the elements but the Fiesta was the same.

Get some pics sorted out this weekend folks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here you go Forum

1/ ES in the frost :(

2/ Hankook summer tyres fitted standard

3/ Comfy, Fiesta rubber mats fit spot on :)

4/ Be Prepared tie downs worked well with cargo net

5/ Handy tool and breakdown kit store

6/ Well it is hers "is it?" ;) :D

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi all. Picked up our 1.0 titanium in smoke grey last Wednesday really loving it, like the high driving position and general looks of the car. Think the spare wheel mounted on the back is a great idea.
Possible not quite as well finished as our previous fiesta but the half leather seats and armrest etc are nice touches. The 1.0L eco boost engine seems quite perky better than the 1.25 fiesta before.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes sound familiar, quite enjoying driving ours when I can get a hold of it LOL

Welcome to the forum Mark agree about the build, but its better then the early ones, been reading looks like there is a 2017 upgrade as it is expected to be launched in the USA late this year, so perhaps a step up in quality and variance for all with Ford expecting better in its home market. The concept is correct a good package a number of people have commented on ours.

Mountune do a kit for this engine when in the Fiesta sure it will be the same kit to fit in the ES, the upgrade is recognised and fitted by ford and insurance companies recognise it when fitted in the Fiesta, not sure if would be so easy insuring a ES with the kit but bet it goes well with a extra 10% or so power and increase in torque.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts