Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a Ford Ecosport titanium, 1.5 L NA petrol engine, 2018 model. Occassionally, when i release the clutch on 1st gear and starts to press the accelerator pedal, the engine itself starts to vibrate and judder as a whole and it's pretty annoying and terrifying. Is there any idea on what this is about and how to rectify the same?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hello dinalheby and welcome to the forum :D

First: I would check engine mounts and gear box mounts to see if they are worn or broken off, that can be done visually.

Second: Check your clutch pedal has correct travel and operation. Adjustment may be neccessary.

Third, if the car has done high mileage, then it could be the clutch plate worn out.
A clutch plate can just fail any time due to bad manufacturing, but that is very rare.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello dinalheby and welcome to the forum :D

First: I would check engine mounts and gear box mounts to see if they are worn or broken off, that can be done visually.

Second: Check your clutch pedal has correct travel and operation. Adjustment may be neccessary.

Third, if the car has done high mileage, then it could be the clutch plate worn out.
A clutch plate can just fail any time due to bad manufacturing, but that is very rare.
Thanks and gratitude for your information on this. Car has not done high mileage, it's actually done 35,000kms. Will inspect all the above mentioned. 🫂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts