Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite impressed at the moment but only 100 miles on the clock

However, I hope my ave MPG is wrong as it's 26 (surely not right-I must be reading it wrong)

Also, can the sync be used as a sat nav at all?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi - Welcome.
I also have the Titanium S 140. My MPG is currently showing 44.1 MPG and I have not reset it since I took delivery of the car last year. I have covered 8500miles so far which is a real mix of urban and motorway. I also give it a tickle on the back roads occasionally as I love the growl from the engine when the turbo does it's stuff!
I have the NAV option on the SONY radio - not sure about adding NAV to Sync.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It should get better but 100 miles probably not enough to work out an average. Particularly if that 100 miles has only been driving through town.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, yes, its getting better, upto 30 mpg now but as you say, it's probably too early to work out a proper ave

What about satnav?
I have downloaded some apps from the ford catalogue but can't find any for sat nav.
I can't believe a new car doesn't have satnav these days!

·
Registered
289 Posts
ok, yes, its getting better, upto 30 mpg now but as you say, it's probably too early to work out a proper ave

What about satnav?
I have downloaded some apps from the ford catalogue but can't find any for sat nav.
If you don't have it when you purchased the car, you can't add it unfortunately.

To be honest, its amazing a car this new hasn't got a touch screen etc. I had a Citroen C1 courtesy car (65 plate) and that had a touch screen!
Ford really dragged their feet with the ES.

I use a CD phone holder mount for my phone, and use Android Auto on my phone.

·
Registered
28 Posts

What about satnav?
I cant believe a car like this has no grab handles.! I have the Titanium with 3300 miles, and only get around 30 mpg, if I am very carefull with a longer run I get 36.
The mpg is related to weight.

·
Registered
822 Posts
A lot of cars are going away from having a fixed sat nav on the dash, as to update maps usually cost quite a bit and put people off, and the fact that most people have smart phones with sat nav app.

We were trying to navigate our way through Newcastle last month (never been there before), and my teenage nephew who was with us, pulled out has smart phone and told us left or right, and we got right from our holiday caravan, throughthe city and over the well known main bridge and out to the Metro Centre shopping center, first time :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got a Titanium S 140, just done a run from Middlesbrough to Exeter 340 miles overnight so no traffic cruise control set most of the time 99% of it dual carriage way & motorway, only got 34mpg not impressed at all

·
Registered
289 Posts
Got a Titanium S 140, just done a run from Middlesbrough to Exeter 340 miles overnight so no traffic cruise control set most of the time 99% of it dual carriage way & motorway, only got 34mpg not impressed at all
If your doing 70/75mph then that is probably about right.

I did a run of 120 miles a day through August, mainly dual carriage ways (not much traffic that way), doing 75mph, got 37mpg on the 125bhp model.

When I go Manchester on the 50mph average speed M6 limit I get 45mpg.

It's a petrol engine at the end of the day.

It is better than the 1.5 petrol model (had that before), but only by a little bit.
It's all about how economically you drive it, and with the more power your gonna get less mpg.

·
Registered
179 Posts
A lot of cars are going away from having a fixed sat nav on the dash, as to update maps usually cost quite a bit and put people off, and the fact that most people have smart phones with sat nav app.

We were trying to navigate our way through Newcastle last month (never been there before), and my teenage nephew who was with us, pulled out has smart phone and told us left or right, and we got right from our holiday caravan, throughthe city and over the well known main bridge and out to the Metro Centre shopping center, first time :D
Nightmare driving through Newcastle, too many bus lanes and one way streets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts