Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just joined up as I'm thinking about buying an Ecosport. Pretty sure its a done deal but its a big commitment so I like to do my research first!

Expecting our 2nd child later this year so I think I've outgrown my current coupe. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought my ES 3 months ago and have no regrets whatsoever.

Went for the 1.0 petrol, titanium with the spare wheel and winter pack and love driving the chunky little beast.

Previously had a 13 plate fiesta and love the higher driving position and extra space in the ES. Great for transporting the grandkids around.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Had ours about three weeks now and love driving it got the titanium 1.0 in grey. Also had the Fiest before this and as above like the higher driving position and extra space.Taking it on a 250 mile trip tomorrow so will really get to drive her, and see what she's really like.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It will be interesting to hear what mpg you get on your trip.

I have now done 3,000 miles and I am only getting 39.5.
This is the only slight negative with the ES, compared to my fiesta which achieved 46 mpg.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will keep you informed we've just covered 350 mls in the three weeks we've had the car, only short trips and it's showing 28mpg which is about right when you work it out with the fuel used so far. The Fiesta before this was a 1.2 and averaged 35 on the same journeys. But have to say my daughters Fiesta which has the 1.0 engine only returns around 35mpg on similar trips.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just got back from our trip from kent to Manchester about 500 MPs in all which was M25/M1/then over Woodhead pass. The ES was great to drive as for the mpg the average is showing at 35.9. So no more economical than the 1.2 Fiesta, but nicer to drive.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Done about the same miles over thee weeks or so ave 35 mpg. Fiesta 1.0 auto ave 40 mpg so I hope things improve with a few more miles and some longer runs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
To be fair we still haven't covered a 1000mls yet so I think it will probably improve. I think the Fiesta took a good few hundred miles before it settled down.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the 1.5 diesel and I am getting 47.5mpg unless the other half drives .had mine in November on 64 plate 4800 miles on clock now done 4000 miles more. And the mpg goes up or down only 2 or 3 mpg.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good to hear and welcome along Pancake.

I do mostly town driving but we do long trips for holidays and find the Ecosport a great car for that. High up so you get a good view of the road ahead and quiet enough at 70 mph.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts