Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had to replace the battery in the key fob ( keyless entry) after 11 months. Bit of a problem getting to it, but a standard 2032, so no probs. Anyone else had to change, as I expected it last a bit longer? Low battery warning came up on computer screen, and although you could still get in the car using the skeleton key, if the key battery went totally flat, I'm guessing the car wouldn't start...?
Think I am going to put a spare battery, and a small screw driver to prise the key fob apart(!) in the dash.
Am still loving my car!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Good question about starting the car. There is a key inside the fob to get in the car, but obviously no key hole to start the car!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi.
I had to change my key fob battery but it was after 15 months and 20,000 miles. It is a little fiddly as if you don't get the correct size screwdriver blade it can damage the plastic when you twist it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Spare Key

When I open my ES Zetec doors with my spare key, the alarm goes off. Is this normal? So I still need my remote key to turn off the alarm! So I wonder what is the point of a spare key??

·
Registered
880 Posts
Also bottom of key broken so I cannot attach to a key ring anybody know how I go about getting a replacement? x
If it is just the key, take your key to a locksmith, they usually have a billboard or a sign saying 'car keys made here' , they will get the right blank for your key and make you a new one using the old key as a template.

·
Registered
880 Posts
The reason I would say that the button battery within the keyfob is not lasting as long as they used to on older cars, as you likely have a keyless system, which actually is always transmitting, so goes through power quicker than the old key fob type, that only transmit a signal when you press the lock or unlock button.

On the Ecosport, (facelift model,mid 2017 onwards) all models except the base model has keyless entry, always transmitting, and one of the biggest security problems as thieves can piggyback the signal from your house to your parked car and open the doors, hence the need for a faraday poutch or faraday metal box to put your keys in and stop the signal getting out.

I have a base model Ecosport, and still have the old keyfob and physical 'turn in ignition' key and no stop start button. To me it is more secure. And I bet the battery lasts longer LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts