Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
64plate Ecosport. The battery is lasting about 1month and worse, as soon as the warning flashes, it is dead! I'm carrying spare batteries! Question is, the original Ford one lasted 11 months......anyone know what brand they use?

Also, had to have all five tyre valves replaced at a cost of £120 as they were apparently part of a faulty batch. The tyre centre is replacing loads of Ford valves.

Also....anyone know of a tow bar/ bike carrier ( not on roof) that can be fitted to this model?

Many Thanks. Still love my car...... :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
It must be out of Ford Warranty now? my key battery almost two years old no issues, the flat Tyre info can not be turned of like my VW (I fit winter Tyres on both with standard rubber valves) so even if you wanted to bin the things your stuck with a warning always flashing at you.

I am sure I had a Witter? bike rack with a base that bolted to the tow bar then you dropped in a pole with two arms the bikes hung from. It was simple secure and easy to load with no car damage.

·
Registered
79 Posts
64 plate is still in warranty isn't it? You shouldn't be paying for faulty valves if they are part of a bad batch, who told you that? You didn't fit metal valve covers did you? They can corrode on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...sadly no longer in warranty as we bought a Ford demo with one year warranty from the Ford garage. On the bright side, it was a good deal! Place that did the valves advised changing the metal caps, which we have done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts